The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The side walk shuffle :: Festivals (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
52 Posts

Profile of markmagic
It’s spring festival time, Covid is over. Anyone out yet?
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3531 Posts

Profile of gaddy
I just started street performing again after taking a break for a season that ended up lasting about 7 years...

How the hail did THAT happen!?!?

The fairs and festivals are in full swing again up here in the PNW...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'm planning on going out this weekend. No festivals, but my pizza place probably misses me. I'm feeling a little better with the bladder problem, I'm still concerned on what happens if the "go" button gets pushed while I'm out there, but some times risks have to be taken.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 15, 2023, ed rhodes wrote:
I'm planning on going out this weekend. No festivals, but my pizza place probably misses me. I'm feeling a little better with the bladder problem, I'm still concerned on what happens if the "go" button gets pushed while I'm out there, but some times risks have to be taken.

Didn't stay out long, but had no problems with the bladder. Happy about that.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3531 Posts

Profile of gaddy
People have been generous in the extreme in the past few weeks, I've noticed.

Everyone seems just really happy to be outside with the sun shining and the COVID pandemic and other horrors of the recent past, naught but a lurking fear in the backs of our minds...
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1349 Posts

Profile of imgic
I got out to Farmer's Market this weekend. First time in very long time. Lots of cobwebs and found myself dropping quite a few things. But found the folks to be in great spirits, lots of fun, lots of willingness to engage...more so than before COVID.

Recently got notified that I was accepted for local Fringe Festival and a Busker's Festival about an hour away. So am looking forward to a fun summer.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3531 Posts

Profile of gaddy
That's great news and the beginning of a great season, Imgic! Keep us in the loop!
markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
52 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Please keep us posted.
Mik-Kado
View Profile
New user
Antwerp, Belgium
36 Posts

Profile of Mik-Kado
Quote:
On May 14, 2023, gaddy wrote:
I just started street performing again after taking a break for a season that ended up lasting about 7 years...

How the hail did THAT happen!?!?

The fairs and festivals are in full swing again up here in the PNW...

Here kind of same situation... Becayse of a new job 6 years ago I stopped busking and performing completely...
Now I absolutely want to pick up these activities, but as with the first time....need to find the guts to go out and just do it!
Live your most beautiful life.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3531 Posts

Profile of gaddy
For me it's been an issue re-learning my routines. It's not like riding a bicycle... If I don't practice regularly, it totally goes away.

I'm starting almost from scratch, which has actually been a lot of fun (like getting re-aquatinted with old friends!) but it has added another hurdle to my already limited time/energy equation.

Still, though, street performing is a blast, and it doesn't take much to get me out there to ham it up and do some magic!

Good times already this spring!