The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The side walk shuffle :: back from the big easy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
koz is back.....didn't even go to jail!!!!

koz
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Good to see you back. How did the trip go and tell us about the dvd stuff.

Mike
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Welcome back, Koz. Did all your time go to the "project" or did you have some fun too? How were the hats? And how where the store owners you mentioned before?
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Kozmo!

How's tricks? Details man, details.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
Welcome back Koz.
"One man's miracle is another man's warm-up"
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
well...lets see....workes a lot....did around 200 shows.....um....finished the cellini loop ball, coin video.....very nice stuff...you will all like ti.....KILLER!...

um....shot eric evans street set....going to do some video with him...he has some very nice coin stuff....special...

that's about it...i'm glad to be home...been travelling a bunch....so....

that's about it.....
oh...cellini is starting to give private lessons......hes evalualting peoples shows and then helping them with them....if you are interested in this....get in touch with me...

koz
kasper777
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of kasper777
how was the pressure from the cops? I"ll be down there in a few weeks, hopefully, for mardi gras.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
there wasn't any pressure....if you follow the rules its no problem....if you are going to work there....plan on being aggressive....cause if you aint...you will starve,,,...

ok...heres my new orleans story....

i went to the big easy...with credit cards in pocket but very little cash...very little....when i arrived i realizewd that my wife had taken my credit card out and not replaced it so i was broke...had $2 no kidding.....my truck was at the parking facilty...$20 to get it back....and it was raining and 45 degrees...no one around...so here i am in the french quarter....depressed....didn't want to be there.....so what did i do?....i went to rpyal...worked 6 hours...scrapping together 3 or 4 people at a time....doing little shows...at 5 oclock i had $275.00 in mypocke5t...got a room...got my truck ...had a great dinner and off i went....cellini came up to me and told me he was proud of me...he said....now you know...you can make it anywhere....this is what its about....me and a table (tray stand)built by cellini....with a painting on it by cellini...Smile
a cu[p and a ball for my 1 cup routine...some 1/2's...a pack of cards and i survived...it can be done fellas...takes courage to survive out there...but you guys who talk about doing it....just go and do it...it will be ok

koz
kasper777
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of kasper777
Are you planning on going back there for Mardi Gras? Also, what are the rules down there, I'm planning on going down there for a weekend during mardi gras and hopefully not get eaten alive.

Smile
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
nope...no mardi gras for me....well inless i run out of money...then i will show up....there are so many people and so many performeres...and its tough to work...cause of the crowds....tough in new orleans

koz
Mr. Bunkley
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of Mr. Bunkley
Kasper-

Have you ever been to Mardis Gras as just a visitor? It's a nightmare. I lived there for about 3 years in the 80's and I hear it has gotten worse. If you've never been there before I wouldn't recommend "working" your first time. There really are just TOO MANY people. New Orleans is already a pretty hard nut to crack and trying to take it on during the absolute worse time of the year might make you never want to street perform again - ha!!

I talked to Jim Cellini this weekend and said the same thing as Koz mentioned - that he'd like to teach individual people on a one on one basis. I plan on visiting him in April or May and will do my ***edest to get him "wired" into his son's computer. He's not real keen on the computer and has no idea all the good stuff that's written about him out here in internet-land (other that what his friends tell him). Needless to say I'm very excited to see him again and hopefully if all goes well we'll all benefit from my trip because he'll start joining us (leading us) in these conversations. .

Koz- congrats on a valiant New Orleans success story.

That's it for today,
Daniel
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
if you are going to work in new orleans you'd better be on your game...its tough out there.....they all think you are a crook!...they aren't going to stop...its tough

koz
kasper777
View Profile
Regular user
144 Posts

Profile of kasper777
Mr. Bunkley, I grew up an hour and half away from New Orleans in Biloxi, MS. I've been attending mardi gras in NO since 98,(when i turned 17) and I love. Being from the south mardi gras is in my blood. mississippi and alabama (where is started) still have mardi gras. In order to perform in my home town of biloxi ms, i need to get permission to perform on a piece of property from the owner. I called the police depart. and they said no moving vendors. they consider me a vendor, those doo-doos. Any ideas on getting around that. I know of one or two people that have businesses on the parada route. I'm going to try there.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Koz,
Thanks for sharing the "in the trenches" story. Great story. The tape material sounds juicy, the ball loop and the coin work by Cellini and the Eric Evans set. Do we get first crack to order the dvd?! Please...
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
sure ...i will take retail over wholesale everytime....Smile

i will let you know......the loop ball thing will be like within a month or 2....not long.....i wouldn't look for eric evans for around 3 months.....the art of street performing sometime well....i just don't know...cellini and i ...we are working on something very special...VERY special....in the fall....tons of stuff coming.....

koz
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Hey Koz, did you see J.R. while you were in NO? he mentiond something about you guys coming down on another website.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5473 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Jr?......

yep....saw jr....actually stayed in a house next door to his....cellini did an interview for genii......

koz