The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The side walk shuffle :: Gibeciére technique (18 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1173 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh…
I believe the only ones getting fooled with this
are the Magicians themselves.

The entertainment value comes from 'the lines', the personality,…and the inter-action.

The Magic is…..0.

Anyone ever think about trying a Servante?

…maybe goblets and bottle corks,…
……with a bottle of red wine, on the table, for fun.

Guys, the 'set-up',.. silver cups and little crochet balls,….
Nope.
gallagher
Guardian452
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
235 Posts

Profile of Guardian452
I busk with a pouch and I'm honestly surprised how often I hear "where did that coconut come from?" after I reveal it under the hat. I wear the pouch the whole show, hate when I see someone put it on only at the end. Think it was right when said earlier that if the show is entertaining then Noone cares. That said, of course we should minimize the thought to them- for example I always refer to it as a pocket a few times during my cups and balls finale. Little mental stuff like that.
Been a busker since I was 14 from San Diego; Don Driver was my mentor along with many others like Jimmy Talksalot, Sleeveless (Stephen Sloan), Bob Elliott.
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
321 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
Interestingly I have found that putting on the pouch 'only at the end', is not problematic in any sense.
My experience anyways, as walking around with the pouch on earlier serves little purpose and is a bit awkward.
What do you folks think?
noland
View Profile
Veteran user
350 Posts

Profile of noland
I've known several magicians who perform cups-and-balls in their regular indoor platform shows who put on the pouch only for their cups-and-balls performances, and it seemed to work just fine. I believe Bob Sheets used to introduce his pouch when he put it on for cups-and-balls as his "magician's bag of tricks." On the other hand, I went in the other direction when I busked. I decided since I was wearing a pouch, to take advantage of it. And I started carrying most of my tricks in the pouch and working out of my pouch. This both normalized the pouch and allowed me to add material to my repertoire that was facilitated by a pouch. Carrying your show in your pouch also allows you to set-up and pack-up fast, and move about easily if you need to change locations quickly.
Tilman
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of Tilman
martysh
View Profile
Special user
Greenville,SC
529 Posts

Profile of martysh
Saw this come up and sure have a vital comment to add... early in thread you see evildan talking about 18 years ago we took a two day lesson from gazzo.. the best thing I ever did in my 50 plus magic career!!! can debate this for hours with my initial concderns and now my 18 years of experience.... not to belabor... I stil use the pouch this day as odd as it seems in formal shows... I add it right at the cups and balls moment. I explain as I take my jacket off no sleeves and no jacket pockets and the visual frame of reference should be just the table... gaz taught us the doulble loading of the cups so 6 oranges appear and then under the hat that gets put down for a moment the melon... here's the coolest thing....after the loading is all done say 3 oranges are shown I goad the crowd into the question do you want to see more?... hopefully into a frenzy and in that moment I ditch the pouch do the big reveals and they all simply forget about the pouch entirely..... hey you have to do it to believe it... because of this the pouch for me has never been an issue.

Marty