The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The side walk shuffle :: Cups and Balls Loading Alternatives (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
Ron,

You may also want to check out http://www.schoolforscoundrels.com and look at Gazzo's Street Cups.

They are pretty nice and big enough to hold a regulation baseball!

Not for everyone, but on the Street, bigger is better.

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
Frank and Danny, thanks for the wonderful compliments.

Along the lines of Ted's comment, a friend of mine, Michael (no last name), used to invite a person up to his table, placing them on his immediate left. Their back effectively screened his weakness. The ostensible reason of which was to insure there could be no trickery. HA!

I'd quite agree Ron, this is a nice thread.
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
Here's another possibility. In the book: "Korem without Limits," Danny Korem explains his two final loads for his Chop cup routine. These are done from his person, but not from the pockets. And they don't require any special pockets in your clothing. He does the routine surrounded and in some fairly large venues.
Dennis Loomis
http://www.mindspring.com/~deloomis/dai.html
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Magicrma
View Profile
Regular user
Arizona
101 Posts

Profile of Magicrma
If you use a mat to perform, try a table apron. What's a table apron? Its a small bag that hanges off the edge of the table. It can be a useful servant. If you can't use the apron try hanging the objects inside your coat/jacket/vest and retrieving them from there.

Smile MagicRMA
"The art of Illusion is at least 95% applied psychology" Henning Nelms (Magic & Showmanship)
<BR>
<BR>MagicRMA
<BR>Majicrma@msn.com
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Dennis,

I've been blown off deck a number of times on Ebay for that Korem book. Is he even out there any more? The last things I've seen of his are those "Kid Tricks" videos (and those are at least eight years old or so), that he produced in conjunction with his minstry.

I guess I'm going to have to get that book. It's always being referenced somewhere.

Thanks!
Pokie-Poke
View Profile
Special user
Bensalem, PA
883 Posts

Profile of Pokie-Poke
Great topic!
If I have some one burning me from the left in the early part of the trick I just do it left handed. I find it easer than changing focus, witch might tip off that some thing is wrong.

The gibeciere has come up in several conversations I have had, now hear all so. WEARD! the Gazzo gib looks cool.
www.pokie-poke.com
The Adventure cont...
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
947 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
That leather one at the Cellini site looks nice, and I would consider using one. Harry Anderson was actually the first one I ever saw with one (I don't get out much, I guess).

It would have to be a nice one for me to wear it, and to keep from looking like Flannel Al from "Home Improvement."
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
If the loads are small, you could try the places used in billiard and/or thimble manipulation. I work/load from the right pocket, so that throws some folks. I was thinking a billiard ball holder, (the wire type and a pair of vise grips....
Never have done C&B on the street myself,and only have small loads. just some ideas.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
BroDavid
View Profile
Inner circle
America’s North Coast, Ohio
3176 Posts

Profile of BroDavid
A Black leather Gib (see how quickly I use the new words I learn???) would look decent, even with Tux - almost like a Super Cumberbun.

And I was amazed as Gazzo puts his Pouch on while taking to the crowd and proceeds, does the routine, and takes it off, and nobody seems to wonder why he put it on, or why he took it off!

BroDavid

It may not work for walk around, because reset might be too obvious. But it can look good! I was amazed that Gazzo gets so much in his pouch, and it really doesnt appears to be so "full".

BroDavid
If you stand for nothing, you will fall for anything.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Harry can you tell me a little about your Hairnet Topit idea?

I don't choose to wear a busker's pouch with the sport jackets, that I wear on the street.
I also don't like to have to remove my jacket, to accommodate a pouch, thus
I am forced to store any loads in my side pockets.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Frank Starsini,
I spent about an hour going through your website looking for oddballs to no avail.
Can you suggest a source for some 2inch eyeballs?

Currently I have light up eyeballs as final loads, but the units are self-contained.
I cannot replace the batteries without destroying the seals.

Donnie Buckley at RnT has some very nice looking jumbo green olives and sets,
but he is out of stock as well. (sigh)

Thank in advance guy.
Peace out!
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
This is a great thread, thinking out-side of the box, inspiring!
Andy_Bell
View Profile
Regular user
my mindless rambling's now total
162 Posts

Profile of Andy_Bell
It's more a case of thinking outside the pouch!
I was put on this earth to do a great many things..... I'm now so far behind that I don't think I'm ever going to die!
Magic.J.Manuel
View Profile
Special user
I have danced upon
663 Posts

Profile of Magic.J.Manuel
Nothing would get done at all, if man waited so long that no one could find fault with it.
The_Great_Dubini
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of The_Great_Dubini
Not a big fan of the pouch. I like to use a servante on the back of my table.

:bikes:
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
I'm no "Poucher" either...some might say a "Sloucher" though?
It's great to see a new face in here Sir Dubini!

Do you care to share a little about yourself here?
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Here's two different loading techniques. One's like what Danny was discussing, the other ? ? ?

You'll figure it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t__UnSXmjvc

I think doing the loading as a flurry at the end of a routine tips it. This fat guy, if you can get by his rambling, barely coherent patter, at least has a unique loading sequence.

KG

I've seen the guy do this recently. He's got it really smooth now.
Octopus Sun
View Profile
Special user
Wiggle Wiggle
586 Posts

Profile of Octopus Sun
Quote:
On 2011-12-13 21:13, Magic.J.Manuel wrote:
:rolleyes:
http://www.amazon.com/Private-Island-Par......052TQ7O2

Problem with these eyeballs is that the cornea looks up in the air and not at the audience, it rolls
around looking up, and never looking towards your specs.
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
If the eyeball is made of some solid-type material, try inserting a small steel/lead weight in to the ball where the bottom of the ball is when the cornea is facing the crowd. The weight should be just below the surface of the ball. I reckon that would cause the ball cornea to then point to the spectators. A bit like the way a 'magnetic ball' in the C&B 'sticks" to the base of the cup.

One possible source for eyeballs is the cheap variety/toy shops, in the Halloween area.
The presentation makes the magic.