The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Let there be magic! :: Putting together historical cd' dvd's ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Not sure where this belongs here in the Café' but my question is . How does one go about putting together a cd on a historical magician? A research type of cd similar to the Miracle Factory research cd's? I have a lot of material on a very well known (in the magic community)magician that I think people would love to see and be willing to pay for it. Hundreds of photos both professional and personal. Lots of signed letters to and from other magicians of the time Lots of items not pertaining to magic such as hand written poetry , love letters etc. Not that I would have to includes everything some private things should probably stay private. Point is I have tons of material on him even lots of old performances on film that I am sure I have the only existing copies.
How do you put together something like this and protect it from being resold by others etc. I know there is always someone who will rip things off but I mean in general. Also what format is best for these sort of things. Not including the films. I still need to have those transfered from film to a digital format. But the photos and letter scans etc.
I have never done anything like this before and have had this stuff for a long time and would like to get it where others can see it. Any help or info or suggestions would be much appreciated.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
Gary Plants
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Gary Plants
Does this "magician" have any relatives that you know of and have you tried to contact them?
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
None that I could track down. I have looked a lot for the past few years.
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON
London
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A.
769 Posts

Profile of London
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions on this subject?
THOUGHTfully,

LONDON