The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Let there be magic! :: How to market effects in the US and UK? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
FrankStone
View Profile
New user
South Africa/Taiwan
74 Posts

Profile of FrankStone
I am a magician and creator in Taiwan, quite a few of my effects have been marketed succesfully in Asia. I, however, would like to know how does one go about marketing effects to US and UK distributors and dealers?
grazza
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of grazza
In these wonderful days of the Internet, why worry about dealers and distributors?

Set yourself up with an on-line store and PayPal account and you can be selling to the world in minutes.

With the exchange rates as they are, you're better off retailing from Taiwan than you are directly from Europe or the US.
wilson
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of wilson
You should search for wholesale dealers.
grazza
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of grazza
Murphy's seem to be pretty big in the US.

....am not sure of an equivalent in the UK.
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Try Davenport's, go to http://www.davenportsmagic.co.uk/ for more info, they are the UK's biggest shop, started by Lewis Davenport in 1898.

Hope I have helped
Tom Smile
Steve Hart
View Profile
Veteran user
Cocoa, FL
388 Posts

Profile of Steve Hart
As mentioned, we are in the days of the World Wide Web, use the Internet to market your tricks.

I have purchased ads in the magic magazines and I still do. But I get the best response from the ads I buy on the Internet.

If distribution is a problem, then find a dealer who will handle your products with in the USA or in England.

You get to decide which is going to be easiest for you and the budget you have to spend.

Steve Hart
Cape Canaveral, FL USA
www.SteveHartSpeaks.com
www.magic2motivate.com
"Motivational Magicians are some of the highest paid magicians, find out why?"