The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Custom Silks- Where do I go? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
I am currently preparing my high school graduation speech and am looking to use several small silks representing each topic of my speech, and then using a change bag, produce a large possibly 36" globe or custom silk for my class. Does anybody know where I can order custom silks? or at least purchase a globe silk? Thanks for any help.
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
It would be best and more inexpensive to seek a silk screen company in your area. These type of business can do custom work on any medium including Silk. I do not know of any Globe silks available.

If you want words printed on the silks, try the fabric markers at the craft stores.

There are light materials at fabric store whick can be as light as silk that would be less expensive for a one time use.

I would think your idea will cost several hundred dollars for a custom silk manufacturer in magic to produce.

Richard Hughes can probably do it for you.
Hughes Magic Inc.
352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266
(330)296-4023 http://www.hughesmagic.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Ok guys, I am going to cut my own throat here.

Since you are using a change bag and this is a one time thing, here is a cheap method to do this.

On your computer, print out a tee shirt iron on and iron onto a cheap suit lining material. Hem your hems and it will get you by.

I really don't think you want to spend the money for a one time shot of globe silk.

But keep me in mind when you want it done correctly and to last for more than a one time shot.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
Quote:
On 2004-05-13 09:10, hugmagic wrote:
Ok guys, I am going to cut my own throat here.

Since you are using a change bag and this is a one time thing, here is a cheap method to do this.

On your computer, print out a tee shirt iron on and iron onto a cheap suit lining material. Hem your hems and it will get you by.

I really don't think you want to spend the money for a one time shot of globe silk.

But keep me in mind when you want it done correctly and to last for more than a one time shot.

What a stand-up guy! Thanks for sharing the idea. I'll keep you in mind when I need something made.

Bob
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Magic74Josh
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
101 Posts

Profile of Magic74Josh
Hey Richard thank you very much for the great advice. I have purchased most of my silk products from you and have meet you on several occassions at various conventions. Just wanted to say hey and thanks for all the wonderful products that you have produced for the art of magic. I will certainly be calling you with custom silk requests as with all my other silk and flower needs. Smile
Magically Yours,
Magic74Josh
Magic7Josh@aol.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7672 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Thanks Josh.

The full website is now up and running.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.