The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: What happened to Bill Hegbli :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I hope he is alright. He usually posts daily but I haven't seen any posts for quite a while.

I'm asking in "Smooth As Silk" because he is a regular here.
Ihor
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
907 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
He has been temporarily banned for being a curmudgeon.
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Dang! We need more curmudgeons in here, not less! That way I won't stand out so much.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
But such a knowledgeable and helpful curmudgeon.

Glad he is OK.

-Mary Mowder
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1625 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Bill gives more good advice than nearly anyone else on these fora. yes, he is opinionated and testy at times. ... But no more than many knowledgeable people Who have paid their dues. In fact, he reminds me of Charlie Miller in that respect: he too could 'go off' on people sometimes! Bill l is sorely missed!

regards - J. Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
He is the Archie Bunker of magic.
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I didn't mean that in a negative way.
Ihor
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I have (since becoming a "customer" in the Café)enjoyed reading Bill's comments. At times, he is a bit "crotchety" but, so am I, now and then! (Maybe I've been "around" too long!)

I don't always fully agree with his philosophical thoughts,but, IMHO, he is entitled to express them. --As long as they are not intrincically evil!

I would say to those who may be adamantly opposed to his "editorial expressions": "You can always skip past them! You are not REQUIRED to read his posts."
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
YEA but …
In order to maintain a fun forum you want to discourage flaming and OVER crotchetiness.
Otherwise it is a chore to wade though and discount all the unneeded unpleasantness.

I know it's a call but this kind of thing does KILL fora. I'm happy to have this resource and will back the Café's call (I have no info on the actual problem in this case).

I look forward to Bill's return.

-Mary Mowder
stempleton
View Profile
Inner circle
1443 Posts

Profile of stempleton
I enjoy Bill's comments. Wealth of knowledge. He always reminded me of one of the old guys in the balcony of the Muppets TV shows. Of course, I've never been the target of one of his retorts. Perhaps I would feel a little more strongly if I had.
Mike Thornton
View Profile
Regular user
Canton, MI
112 Posts

Profile of Mike Thornton
He's was banned for threatening me. Said he was going to give me a visit, told me keep looking over my shoulder. This is the thread that drove him over the edge.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=59
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I'm very sorry to hear that.

Please refer to my second sentence above.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK