The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Cut a hole in p/a silk? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Can not find anything is a search...I want to produce a white billiard ball from a silk. Tie a knot, pull the 'knot' off and produce a ball from it...then reveal a hole in the silk.

If I cut into this silk ($22 a pop) will I have to sew around the hole? or will it not unravel?

Any of you all do this?

Thanks!

-Scott M
Jef Eaton
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Jef Eaton
There is a fabric glue and a product to keep fabric from fraying available at fabric stores.. You might look into either of those. Perhaps a slight coat of elmer's glue would work.
kandumagic.com
<BR>jjeaton@aol.com
<BR>Creator of what my Mom thinks are the funniest kid show props around!
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Scott,

Use Fray Check found in fabric shops. Paint first, let dry and then cut.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Thanks gents!

Fray Check...interesting...I will do a search and see how it could work. I guess the silk will still be soft and 'silk' like after spraying AND not fray? Good stuff then!

-Scott M
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Scott,

It paints on with a small brush or squirt bottle. It is washable and can be made to soften up.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hpcman
View Profile
New user
NYC
68 Posts

Profile of hpcman
Or you could do what Peter White suggest which is make a cardboard disk the size of the hole you want stick it in place with tape or make a light pencil outline and mail it to P&A and he will sew and hem it for you so you don't have the headache
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
Quote:
On 2009-01-23 08:44, hpcman wrote:
Or you could do what Peter White suggest which is make a cardboard disk the size of the hole you want stick it in place with tape or make a light pencil outline and mail it to P&A and he will sew and hem it for you so you don't have the headache

Yeah... Do this instead...
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...