The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Silk to Liquid Method? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Zudlini Magik
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Zudlini Magik
Does anyone have any suggestions for a silk to liquid method?
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
Maybe a two-chambered, gimmicked, mirror-type cup.
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
Air56
View Profile
Regular user
SC
140 Posts

Profile of Air56
In "Rice's Encyclopedia of Silk Magic," there is a nice routine called "Silk Drinks." It is in Volume #2, at page 815. Basically, three white silks become colored, and then change to drinks of the same colors.

Smile Smile Smile
DJM " Not all who wander are lost"
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

Are you looking for a method where apparatus is used, or a non-apparatus method?

Ron Reid
Alex Tan
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
290 Posts

Profile of Alex Tan
Slush powder and mirror glass.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7669 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Use a prop called the Niffin tube. It is a changing canister that has a water tight seal in it. If you are going to do sleight of hand, maybe try a small peice of silk in a thumb tip after switching out the full sized silk and palm a squeeze bulb with liquid. Just a brainstorm, you would really have to play with this one.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
There is a slush powder booklet out that has a silk to milk effect or milk to silk. Penguin has it for $5....
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
2334 Posts

Profile of David Todd
Here's one:

Glue a circle of "slush paper" (it's similar to slush powder, only in a paper-like form) into the bottom of a small white styrofoam cup or a "Dixie cup" , any cup with a white interior . The cup may now be fairly shown empty .

(previous to starting the effect you load a TT with a white silk and have it on your hand)

Show the cup empty. Pour milk (use evaporated milk, made with water rather than whole milk) into the cup . Take the cup into your right hand and as you grab the cup shove your thumb (with TT) into the "goo" in the cup . It will grip the TT in place . (careful with how you time it; the "slush paper" doesn't gel quite as fast as the powder, which is an advantage in this case.)
In one smooth move turn the cup upside down and simultaneously pull the white silk out of the TT .

The silk will appear and the cup will be held upside down , "obviously" demonstrating that the milk has been transformed into the silk. (be very casual in how you handle the cup to take the heat off of it.......it's just a common paper cup ,after all )

This is a surrounded version of the same effect which utilizes a m_ _ _ _ r glass .

-------

The only source I know of for "slush paper" (rather than "slush powder") is :

http://www.mrtricks.com.au/SALES.html

You could use powder for this , but you couldn't show the cup empty . Or else secretly introduce the powder after the cup is shown empty.
lostpoet
View Profile
Special user
610 Posts

Profile of lostpoet
Sounds great Dai, I've never heard of slush paper. I'll check in to it. Thanks