The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Holding your fountain together (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
O.K. you have spent several minutes folding the d**n thing up. Hopefully it has not gotten away from you and blossomed. Now you need to secure it in a way that will hold it securely and still be easy to release.

I have Mogar's fountain and it uses Velcro. I am not particularly thrilled with this method. The straps (ribbons?) that go around the bundle are somewhat short and it can be difficult to make them reach sometimes. I have to make sure the final load is positioned exactly to make it narrow enough in the right direction. Also, the Velcro is noisy and has a tendency to snag the outermost silk. That black silk is starting to look like a cat got hold of it. The only reason I have not replaced it is that you can't see it once the production starts and you better not see it sooner. Smile

What we need is an easy to open, silent, way to secure the bundle. Has any one used eye hooks similar to dove holders? What about snaps?

I think Richard Hugh's once said he used a bulldog clip. What other methods are you using?

Thnx,
B
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
ClintonMagus
View Profile
Inner circle
Southwestern Southeast
3997 Posts

Profile of ClintonMagus
I suggest using an 1/8" silk ribbon, tied around the bundle in a fairly loose bow. A tug on the free end would release the bundle, and the ribbon could fall to the floor or be retained in the hand. It would also be silent.

Amos McCormick
Things are more like they are today than they've ever been before...
fccfp
View Profile
Special user
NJ
563 Posts

Profile of fccfp
Good idea, I like that better than a rubberband which could get snagged.
A.K.A. Jay The Magician
www.jaythemagician.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Stitching the ribbon to a silk keeps it from falling to the floor!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander

(Yep! I really use a rubber band.)
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com