The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Reel Trash (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Unless you want to buy a reel that lasts for, oh, say, three days, don't get the "Brass Reel (Large)" made in India. Piece of garbage. Guess I'll hang on for a P&L, Owens, or Kirkendall. I guess I should've known better, but it did make the Rabi-Duck work for a couple days at least. I'll try to re-wind the spring and all that, and maybe it'll be passable, if not loud, but now I know.
silking
View Profile
Loyal user
213 Posts

Profile of silking
Some good magic comes from India but is far and few. Tannen's had some good reels, you might want to check them out.

Silking
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
686 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Fixed mine, and I do agree, there are some good tricks and props that are made in India, but this ain't one of 'em. Thanks for the suggestion.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
The reel I really use was $2 from Office Depot. It is actually for a name tag and is clear plastic. Because of the clip, I can keep it on my watch band. I wish my expensive reels worked as well!

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
gerard1973
View Profile
Special user
Michigan, U.S.A.
688 Posts

Profile of gerard1973
It seems like all the good reels are the older reels and these are not manufactured anymore.
"Confusion is not magic."
Dai Vernon
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2006-06-14 13:31, gerard1973 wrote:
It seems like all the good reels are the older reels and these are not manufactured anymore.

That seems unfortunately true.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
The last reel that I bought was a cheap plastic S.S. Adams reel. It worked much more reliably than the expensive brass reel I owned 20 years ago. Beware of an opening that wears away at the thread.