The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Everything changes by bade - looks great (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
Well, I went ahead and placed my order with Hocus-Pocus. Pretty much thinking I knew what the gimmicks were. I figured the price was worth the DVD if nothing else. Once they received my payment, I had a conversation with them about the workings. And yes, I was correct. TwisterMagic's ad is also correct. There are no "dye tubes", "thumb tips" or "sixth fingers". And yes, there are 2 of them as stated. For those with experience in such matters, you probably have a pretty good idea what the gimmicks are. Is it worth $30? For me, it depends on what I'm able to take from the instructional DVD. For those who have no knowledge on color-changing silks, probably yes.

Posted: Oct 25, 2008 1:00pm
Would like to hear from anyone else who has purchased this.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi George:

That demo looks very nice! The whole sequence is extremely clean.

Ron
georgeiglesias
View Profile
Regular user
Miami USA
107 Posts

Profile of georgeiglesias
Quote:
On 2008-10-26 11:52, Ron Reid wrote:
Hi George:

That demo looks very nice! The whole sequence is extremely clean.

Ron

Thanks a lot Ron!

The trick is performed at the video demo by the creator Mr. Daba!

Check our website for more details about our products!

Best regards.

George Iglesias.
CEO
TWISTER MAGIC.
http://www.TwisterMagic.com
nonvpro
View Profile
Inner circle
1844 Posts

Profile of nonvpro
I received my package with "Everything Changes". I've only had time to look at the packaging and the "gimmicks". They were exactly as I had thought and a better quality than I had expected.

Posted: Oct 27, 2008 7:58pm
I had the chance to watch the DVD. It's ok. The quality is not bad and it does what its suppose to do, show and teach you the routine. Both the audio and visual is satisfactory. The performance and explanation is not in English. There is a voice over in english explaining what is being said. Its a short DVD, probably not more than 10 minutes or so and it gets right to the point. First the routine is performed in a studio setting to the camera. Second, the routine is explained. As far as the explanation goes, I feel it could have gone a little further, it was minimal at best. But it did teach you the workings of the routine as seen in the video demo. My main issue with the explanation, is that it does not show how to get into the routine. The explanation begins with the "gimmicks" already in place. It would be very helpful to explain how to get the "gimmicks" into play without having to begin the set with this routine as the opener. This might not be an issue for those with experience. I had a pretty good idea what the gimmicks were and it was confirmed after I had purchased it. The quality of the gimmicks is excellent, better than I thought they would be. I was looking forward to perhaps learning something useful from the DVD as to the "getting" into the routine, but I did not. Was it worth it? For me, probably not. For those with less experience, I believe it's worth the price.
JD_UK
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of JD_UK
Can anybody tell me if this uses the senada gimmick as I've had bad experiences with it and if it does I'm going to stay clear! If it doesn't I'll order straight away! Hope you can help!
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
After watching the routine, I purchased this from Twister and love it, as do the people I have performed it for. It goes over well. I have also purchased other items from Twister and been very happy with them. Only once did an item show up defective, and George happily and quickly replaced it.

:)
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2443 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
My guess is a palm gimmick, but the gimmick really does not and should not matter, as long as it works. my only question is. Does it have to be an opening effect, meaning the set up or get ready. Can it be done in the middle of a the act. many effects require a set up that pushes it to be an opening effect.
I hope some of you who have this can clear that up.

thx D
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
EFFECT EFFECT EFFECT~! METHOD METHOD METHOD!

The EFFECT is TRANSFORMATION. The METHOD is HAND GAFF. $30! I would much rather spend $30 on a nice FILET MIGNON! (The EFFECT is the THING!

Senor MARDO taught me how to use a DT in 1947 in Bob Stull's shop in San Francisco. The METHJOD still works fine. The EFFECT still fills 3 minutes with laughs and applause ssy the end.

So, you can show your hands empty more than once. (Qui nimis probat, nihil probat*)

*He who proves too much, proves nothing.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1625 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Dick, Must you always be the voice of reason? LOL

I'm impressed with your knowledge of Latin.

BTW- What is Latin for why run when nobody is chasing you?

all the best-
J.Neal
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Amazing Binky
View Profile
Loyal user
Lancaster,OH
224 Posts

Profile of Amazing Binky
Silk to Filet Mignon. Now there's an effect! Smile
Motley Mage
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of Motley Mage
I found Mr. Daba's performance pretty delightful overall, but (as Dick points out) the traditional method can be pretty delightful, too.

Here are two different performances of the "standard" method by Pop Haydn, beautifully performed with HUGE silks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-hrtTsMuwQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxoZgVvZx0s
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
273 Posts

Profile of DrVG
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2008, magicians wrote:
Cute, a couple of sixth fingers with holes in the tips. Been there done that!!
But it is clean.
It really is a dye tube converted from the fingers.
Dushek and I both had single color change versions in our lectures in the 80's using standard t***btips with holes in the tips. They slip over the pinky or second finger at any time to show hand empty.
I could be wrong.
But, looks good and is clean. He presents nice "demo". He is missing the boat by not having a three color silk at the end.
He states that there are two gimmicks.

Interested in 6th finger material , did you publish lecture notes on this?
Thanks
Jean André
View Profile
New user
Metz
65 Posts

Profile of Jean André
Quote:
On Feb 13, 2022, DrVG wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2008, magicians wrote:
Cute, a couple of sixth fingers with holes in the tips. Been there done that!!
But it is clean.
It really is a dye tube converted from the fingers.
Dushek and I both had single color change versions in our lectures in the 80's using standard t***btips with holes in the tips. They slip over the pinky or second finger at any time to show hand empty.
I could be wrong.
But, looks good and is clean. He presents nice "demo". He is missing the boat by not having a three color silk at the end.
He states that there are two gimmicks.

Interested in 6th finger material , did you publish lecture notes on this?
Thanks

DrVG, I am also interested in material covering usage of 6th finger , but I notice that in this old topic you are responding to MagicIans who has sadly departed this life several years ago.

It is interesting looking back over this old topic now. Before I have not heard of this trick by M. Daba , Everything Changes, but I think I don't much care about the exact method of this trick, because to me the weakness of it is the use of the small 30cm scarves. For professional work on stage I think larger scarves is necessary. For this silk dyeing in the hand the traditional dye-tube or palmo is better for me.

Also, no disrespect is meant to the late MagicIans (a very clever magic creator), but he had demanded if there is proofs of any magician using a false digit with the hole or slit in it prior to his own work in the 1970's or Dushecks in the 80's ... I say there is , because such a device is used for one of Al Baker's tricks , The Ribbon Trick (1933) which is in the Baker compilation volume by Todd Karr, page 171 - 173. In the trick a length of ribbon is cut and restored. It says also that "Baker sold a rope trick using the same method, dubbed the Al Baker Cut and Restored Rope." Also , such a use is attributed to T. Nelson Downs in the book Magic With Faucett Ross by Lewis Ganson. (tt with a slit cut for a torn and restored strip of paper trick , page 171 -172)