The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Smooth as silk :: Ironing silks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2011-05-21 00:01, Mike Maturen wrote:
Why not iron silks the same way most men iron their clothes...throw them in a dryer with a wet towel and let 'er rip?

And how do you dry your hair, dog, and children? Of course, who needs a toothbrush if they have a power washer?

PS ---- The wet towel is unnecessary.
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
The wet towel adds steam to the mix, which is necessary for cotton shirts, etc...but you are correct, probably unnecessary with silks.

By the way--the dog is dried by tossing her out the door, the kids get dried off by running around outside in their skivies, and I have no hair, so that is a moot point.

As far as teeth go, isn't that what your shirt sleeve cuff is for?

LOL.
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Leland
View Profile
Inner circle
St Louis
1180 Posts

Profile of Leland
Mike love your points! I love an iron silk too but it's to much work! I'll have to try the mirror trick.
Life of Magic!
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2002-03-11 09:54, Harry Murphy wrote:
All of my silks are kept clean and none have any deep wrinkles or creases but none are ironed.

That's how I've been handling my silks. I keep them loose, in a container that lets them breathe, so that I only have to put the silks back where they came from, in my prop case. I only iron to remove deep creases, but prefer a steamer and a blow dryer.
Peter Stobie
View Profile
Regular user
Milwaukee, WI
177 Posts

Profile of Peter Stobie
I have used Downy Wrinkle Releaser to great effect! Dale the Mirror tip / history is awesome! Thanks for posting this Margarette, I got a lot of great tips from it!

-Pete
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
I have to admit, I do indeed iron my silks when I see they are starting to look really messy and unprofessional, especially the ones if use for Snap Silks and several other effects.

I do not iron the string of 40 some silks that I use in a production.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.