The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Removable ink (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
lesterkirad
View Profile
Loyal user
west lafayette, in
227 Posts

Profile of lesterkirad
This might not belong in this section, but I didn't know where to put it. I think it was in a David Copperfield performance: the spectator signed a card and the ink was peeled off the card a few seconds later. I might be wrong about where I saw it, I might even be dreaming up the whole thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Burt Yaroch
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas,TX
1097 Posts

Profile of Burt Yaroch
Lester, check out David Williamson's Sleight of Dave 2 video (I think it's Vol 2, check my math before you grab it). Cool effect. Smile
Yakworld.
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
In a pinch, has any one heard of Paul Harris' Biological ESP? This will fool even the most seasoned magician. Coin under spectators watch is also a goody. Even the Balducci levitation catches people off gaurd.
My favorite, depending on the situation is screaming real loud; when they close their eyes and cover their ears I duck behind something. (kidding)
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
Mr. Ed
View Profile
Veteran user
California
337 Posts

Profile of Mr. Ed
Jim can we call that last effect the Jim Pace Sensory Overload Vanish? Oh and welcome
to the Cafe.
He who laughs, lasts.
kellser121
View Profile
New user
UK
42 Posts

Profile of kellser121
David Williamson is the man here. What a chap. I luv that torn and restored card signed card that you are talking about. Geeeeeennnnnnius!
Andy
pyromagician
View Profile
Veteran user
Tennessee
312 Posts

Profile of pyromagician
I think you have to buy special markers to do that Smile
P.S. this is what part of the alphabet would look like if "Q" and "R" were eleminated
MattSedlak
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of MattSedlak
The David Williamson effect is 51 Cards to Pocket from his book Williamsons Wonders. The torn and restored card effect that utilizes the removal of the signature is Wesley James' Pristine. The Williamson method does not allow for the signature to actually look like a signature and therefore you cannot flash the face of the card before the removal like you can in Pristine. While Wes goes into a little detail in his Pristine manuscript about the various ways to make the signatures look realistic, he has since found that the best method is liquid latex and a calligraphy pen, both of which you can find in an arts and crafts store.