The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Impromptu Food Magic! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
raywitko
View Profile
Special user
western Pa
527 Posts

Profile of raywitko
A few times I've done sponge ball routines using large marshmallows.
Ray
Sometimes it seems there are more than one of me.

Tabman USA
magicdmv
email me at [email]fursclass@magicdmv.com[/email]
magicmanci15
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of magicmanci15
Eaten and restored buffalo wing.

No joke.

Kostya Kimlat: Humid Shenanigans, and Card Tricks for Strangers, Pets, and Magicians Wives lecture notes.
TKE
View Profile
Veteran user
FL
347 Posts

Profile of TKE
Paddle move using a french fry
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Paddle routine with knife and bits of paper stuck on with saliva.

I do a Benson bowl type routine with any bowl or plate available and final load is often something off my dinner plate that I lap ahead of time (make sure your napkin is in your lap).

I've gone into people's kitchens and grabbed lemons, onions, eggs, whatever for loads. Pieces of bread rolled up for balls are good, I've also used wrappers from chop sticks, wine corks...

Really if you know your magic you can do JAZZ type stuff with almost anything.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Bob Read used to stack Ice Cubes with a glass ala dice stacking.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
I am about to release my new booktest, really unique with a food theme.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/154......es-sense

Gary
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
For the Benson Bowl, you may wish to replace the crumpled paper napkins with crumpled aluminum foil which exists virtually in every kitchen and keeps its shape better than paper napkins (you only need to train a bit to know how much to unroll to form balls of the proper size for your routine)

Naturally this also work for any three ball routine in the Silent Mora, Frank Garcia, Johnny Thompson, Danny Archer... types of routine and is a great follow up for a two in the hands and one in the pocket
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
plmqaz1243
View Profile
Regular user
Only has
141 Posts

Profile of plmqaz1243
Linking pretzels takes maybe 10 seconds of prep at most. Learned that one from a Nate Kranzo lecture (He does great stuff with food). Also, Kostya Kimlat has a nice effect with peanuts and a nice impromptu mentalism effect with m&ms (with a great mental magic kicker if you have time to prepare a little) on Trans Atlantic Tour. (It's a great buy if you like card effects)
chiartguy
View Profile
New user
Chicago, IL
56 Posts

Profile of chiartguy
If I'm asked to do something on the spur of the moment at a restaurant I like to do a PK straw bending routine. It takes a little practice to be able to make it look believable but it's perfect for impromptu.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Bouncing bun or fruit looks cool.
Ihor
qwerty71
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of qwerty71
Dinner Roll- bun spookily flying in a cloth and appearing on its own from cloth.
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
I posted this on the Perverse Magic thread of the Genii Forum on June 1, 2006:

Perverse Olives

Background

I do a lot of my magic when out for lunch with business associates. (As a Slydini student I do quite a bit of table magic but although I use many of Slydini’s principles, I have my own style which is much different than Slydini’s and I keep remembering him telling me to “Slow down.”)

This routine, like my dice routine was inspired by my good friend Johnny Benzais “Four D Balls” and it is a bit similar to my dice routine except it’s totally impromptu.

Effect

1 The magician drops two black olives into his left hand and sprinkles salt on them and shows that one has become invisible. He explains that most people don’t know that salt can do this. (Sixth category of Perverse Magic.)

2 He repeats this with the second and that also becomes invisible.

3 He picks up an invisible olive and sprinkles pepper on it and it becomes visible, again explaining that it’s something in the pepper that he doesn’t understand.

4 He offers to show the spectator how it feels to have an olive become invisible and so he puts one in the spectator’s hand and – instead of becoming invisible it becomes a green olive. The magician is confused.

5 He takes the green olive and says he will try to change it back but it becomes – a roll. He’s more confused and he scratches his head.

6 He breaks open the roll and inside is the black olive. He shrugs and eats the olive.
LeafyMagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of LeafyMagic
Thumb tip + salt/sugar is a great trick. I also like sticky situation by Andy Leviss, and don't forget the old bouncing roll gag.
Dollarbill
View Profile
Inner circle
Colorado
1005 Posts

Profile of Dollarbill
When mixing a drink for someone do a simple French Dr*p. As you open your Right hand garnish the drink w/ the Left hand and slide the drink forward. I ended my bartending class test with that about 25yrs ago. Ya, I'm old...
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Sankey had an effect in one of his early books (Sankey Panky?) with chewed gum that instantly restores its shape and re-wraps itself in the paper "for later".

David Williamson has a nice sugar-to-teacup routine.

I do a vanishing/reappearing salt routine that gets a reaction that, frankly, initially surprised me for something so simple.

And the material Greg Wilson and I created for the Coffee House Conjuring series in Magic Magazine and on DVD has some coffee and sugar material, as well as effects using cups, sleeves, stir sticks, etc.
DaveGripenwaldt
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of DaveGripenwaldt
Oh, yeah....and Tarbel has the odd routine of silk to apple.
Some_Magical_Idiot
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Some_Magical_Idiot
Some interesting suggestions! Dinner time with my kids will never be the same!
Sanks
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of Sanks
Dave Bonsall’s Sugar Routine
S.V.C
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of S.V.C
I used to vanish the pip of an apple and then put it back on said apple when I started doing magic.
S.V.C
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of S.V.C
You can also levitate a piece of bread with a fork hanging in your sleeve. However, It's more a quick illusion than a good magic trick since the clean up part is pretty much impossible.