The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Using Magic To Meet Females :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
moilima
View Profile
New user
62 Posts

Profile of moilima
(First of all, sorry about my English, I'm a Brasilian Magician).

Ok, the point here is, how to meet women, not how to have a happy relationship or marriage with magic. By the way, women have a tendency to start hating magic after long time spent with magicians. But, when you are at a nightclub or a bar or everywhere else, you have to be worth her time. Beautiful women are picked up all the time, and several times by the same lines. So, if you do magic, you suddenly are different of others, you are special. Now you are worth conversation or even a date.

When the subject is what magic effects choose, one that anyone mentioned is D'Lite. Why? Because if you start doing it in a Bar, in less than 10 seconds you are surrounded by people, most of them women. Then you make the light pass thru their bodies and hands and you have just touched her. Now is OK to start conversation and make some more intimate magic.

Just one more thing, don't listen to women that do magic, they are no longer impressed.
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I think that if you just be yourself, and are able to make her laugh, you are half way there. That is the real magic.

Ray Noble
sak07
View Profile
New user
Stirling/Manchester UK
54 Posts

Profile of sak07
I agree with moilima, magic is a great ice breaker if you want it to be. Hey, seriously guys, we practice hard enough, we deserve the company of beautiful women. Just avoid geeky tricks (we've all done them) and she'll be putty in your hands. Women love mysterious guys, and who are more mysterious than magicians, they love the fact that we've got more secrets than Area 51. So lets take advantage, it's a perk of magic. In fact, let's do an experiment right here in this forum, if there's any guys alone reading this get out to your nearest bar and find the most beautiful girl in the place and do one trick to her, I'll bet 90% of the girls will ask you to do another trick for them, they'll want you to keep them company, because we are good company.

All of my friends who are into magic have their pick of women, I went to a magic club annual meeting about two weeks ago and saw guys of about 50 with women half their age, there is a common denominator here, magic. Guys, women love us.
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
The sponge ball routine is the way to go. Smile
jr_illusion
View Profile
New user
USA
67 Posts

Profile of jr_illusion
I was recently at a restaurant with some friends, some of which I didn't know, and I got the table with the 4 girls that I did not know. I introduced myself, we talked, things were going good. Then someone at the other table told me to do a trick for them. The girls insisted, so I did a card trick (all I had was a deck of cards). They loved it. I did one more, and started to put the deck away when one girl said "What are you doing? Theres 4 girls here, we get 4 tricks" Hey, fine by me. So I did 2 more tricks, put the deck up, but they still wanted me to do more tricks. I didn't want to, because too many tricks can be bad. Especially if the girl next to you is very cute. Fortunately, our food came and therefore I didn't need to do any more tricks.

And on the issue of gender specified magic: girls do respond differently than guys. Ask a guy to name a card, chances are its a J or K and its black. Ask a girl to name a card, theres a good chance its the Q of H. Also, guys like the Arm Twist. Girls don't. Just my opinion
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Okay one more word... Smile as to the comment that what Moilina said "don't listen to women that do magic they are no longer impressed". Not True! If you share a common interest whether it's parachuting from 30,000 ft or climbing the Dunns River Falls in Jamaica all the more exciting! If some guy shows me an awesome card effect then I'm most impressed. Having a common topic to talk about is a great icebreaker and makes for lasting relationships. Lastly we females would say yuppers "Magi's are chick magnets"

Groan I said that word... ha ha. In all seriousness I understand how difficult it was for the person to do the effect flawlessly and to me "that's magic"! Smile
drwilson
View Profile
Inner circle
Bar Harbor, ME
2191 Posts

Profile of drwilson
I took a long break from magic when I first met my wife; deception semed to be a poor way to get started. Five years after we were married, I started peforming again. She was stunned! Everyone figured that she was some sort of confederate, but everything was secret, she didn't even know what was going to happen, so her reactions were of course perfect.

But the topic is meeting women here. One time when I was still single, I was doing strolling magic and approached a nice woman to start the effect. She was a little resistant, so I said, "Look, this isn't some kind of pick-up thing, we're just going to do some magic and then I'll leave, OK?"

She had a really good laugh, we had a lot of fun, then I left. I don't know what was going on in this woman's life, maybe she was at the point of thinking that all guys were scummy creeps, so I decided to be a perfect gentleman. I really wasn't trying to pick up anyone! Like the good Dr. says in Tarbell, just tell them the truth, and that will fool them every time!

You guys have to ask yourselves, do you really want to spend time with someone who thinks that you can do impossible things? On the other hand, someone who has something of himself to offer to other people has a good heart, and that is very appealing. Please see:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......7&10

Yours,

Paul
Steve Friedberg
View Profile
Inner circle
1402 Posts

Profile of Steve Friedberg
Okay...let's turn the tables just a smidge, shall we?:

Chrystal, Kathy and Maritess...have you ever used magic to meet a guy? If so, what worked and why? And if not, why not?
Cheers,
Steve

"A trick does not fool the eyes, but fools the brain." -- John Mulholland
elushinz
View Profile
Regular user
Sunny Orlando
132 Posts

Profile of elushinz
I am not a big magic all the time, everywhere, anyplace kind of guy... but I must admit, when friends and I are going out to do some liver damage, I let my more bold, non-magic friends do the initial 'hey, how's it goin', and if things don't seem to be going anywhere they pull out the big guns... that's right... 'hey, do you girls like crazy magic... I've got this buddy..' and there I am, as always, to pull them back into the game. What would your non-magic guy friends do without the cool magic guy that we are to save 'em once in awhile...
and girls, Chrystal, Kathy, Maritess... you had me at hello...
Smile Smile
"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be f@#d up."
Mitch Hedburg
Jasonm921
View Profile
New user
NYC
86 Posts

Profile of Jasonm921
If you are doing some tricks to meet some chicks.....I suggest ending your litte routine with DEEP ASTONISHMENT. You will be able to see where the situation is headed by the word she chooses. And since you are asking her for a four letter "magic" word and if she says "kiss" or "love" or "lips" you know you are in......if she says something that is less romantic then you know to bail and run for the door. Smile
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
"Chicks"? I hope you don't call them that, to their faces. Yikes!

I think that the best opening line is a smile, not a trick. But, I hear that Deep Astonishment gets a great reaction, after the ice is broken.
Magix
View Profile
Elite user
432 Posts

Profile of Magix
Agreed. Don't be sexist, broads hate that.
Zauber280
View Profile
New user
Long Island, NY
67 Posts

Profile of Zauber280
Interesting thread. I have used magic in my interactions with women I didn't know to good effect, but my intentions were never to get their numbers, just more of an ice breaker. I have also noticed that women are more strongly impressed by certain tricks than men, but I get a lot more satisfaction when I can impress a group of guys with magic. Mens' reactions aren't as big but to some extent they are harder to get. I don't mean this in a sexist way, it is just my experience.

I've never used magic to pick up a guy (yes you read that right). I find that it puts the focus on too specific a part of me and I would rather get to know someone with my personality alone (okay, looks help too). In social situations with mostly straight people, though, I like to do magic occasionally because everyone can enjoy it and the men don't seem to act "threatened" by me (which has to do more with my demeanor, I don't go around telling every new person I meet that I'm gay right off the bat) and they can enjoy it as well. Smile Smile Smile
--
Joel

"In this age, which believes that there is a short cut to everything, the greatest lesson to be learned is that the most difficult way is, in the long run, the easiest."

-Henry Miller
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Good question regarding Have I used magic to meet a guy? Nope can't say that I have, but I find a smile is as magical as anything. I don't mean a phony pasted on one but a genuine big smile.

If you "flash" the smile at people it makes you appear friendly and approachable. Works with little kids, old people, or anyone else for that matter. Elushinz you sorta had the right idea! Smile
Boxav8r
View Profile
New user
New England
58 Posts

Profile of Boxav8r
I use my magic all the time when meeting people. Not so much to fool or puzzle them, but to have a little fun. It depends on the situation, but I have found it to be a lot of fun - and many times have met people whom I would NOT have otherwise known were into magic, subsequently learning something from them.

My favorite routine when meeting a lady is a combination of pseudo-mentalism and then move into "Glossy Finish". (I believe Glossy finish is on Greg Wilsons "Off the Cuff"?) I apologize in advance if I am wrong to the true publisher.

http://www.dvdol.com/~mclick/lipstick.html is a GREAT place to find the material for the opening phase.

Once when working a grocery store over the course of the summer, I had this one woman coming back every other weekend (the dates I was there) and dragging all her friends along to get "readings". Too bad they were all 30+ years older. (Is that "ageist")
:question:

Frankly, I was astounded at how accurate they all thought it was. Sort of was a start into mentalism for me which has since flourished!

OK - so it didn't lead to a relationship, but I wasn't really looking for one. It lead to a friendship and a bit of fun for all involved... and isn't that why most do magic?

Pete
Will anyone who believes in telekenesis please raise my hand?
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2003-02-24 10:49, Magix wrote:
Quote:
"Chicks"? I hope you don't call them that, to their faces. Yikes!

Agreed. Don't be sexist, broads hate that.

You're reaching. Not funny man.

Don't use magic to meet women. The more I hang around girls the more I learn this one thing, BE YOURSELF.

Yeah, magic is cool but women want to get to know YOU. Trust me. I screwed up a few chances thinking that they wanted to see my magic.

Be yourself.

Chris
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Being ones self is as vague an answer as they come. I was given that advice as a kid -- didn't work for squat!

Things turned around when I got into the right group of friends and learned how to flirt with women. If you want to learn about women, don't just ask women what they want - they start intellectualizing. Observe a true "pick-up artist" at work. You'll get an education in a few minutes, if the guy is getting results.
Bobcape
View Profile
Elite user
Rapid City, SD
470 Posts

Profile of Bobcape
I find that the best time to meet new people is when I'm comfortable with the environment and situation. That also happens to be the way I feel when I'm performing magic. I guess I've never planned to use a specific trick to win a phone number, but you do tend to turn up the charm on certain occasions.
Be Amazed! + Enjoy The Magic!
Eight Spades
View Profile
Elite user
Ohio (northwest)
482 Posts

Profile of Eight Spades
Be yourself? I'm 19 and I've been doing magic since I was 6. Doing magic IS being myself, as is the case with many magicians. When doing magic the object isn't to trick others into believing you're someone you're not. I've seen too many magicians get into a character that just isn't natural for them. Personally, I feel most comfortable in a social situation when I'm doing magic. It just depends on how you do magic.

-Christian
"Tricks are only the crude residue from which the lifeblood of magic has been drained." -S.H. Sharpe
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5965 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Being oneself entails a great degree of self- awareness. Something that most of the population can't begin to understand.