The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Help with PK gimmick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
liam-j-gilbert
View Profile
Regular user
Leeds, England
121 Posts

Profile of liam-j-gilbert
Depending on how big and powerful you are looking for I'm sure that magicbox uk have a hugely powerful magnet. I seem to recall standing in the shop and seeing it literally fly over a metre accross the room towards a metal sheet.
www.liamgilbert.co.uk -- for info, booking or queries on Liam Gilbert
G. LaBarre
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, B.C. Canada
121 Posts

Profile of G. LaBarre
If you wanted to Magnetize a metal strip in paper money, I guess you could shim the bill (much like you would a coin) and claim to have magnetized it.
Glen Alan - "The HOW in your Magic should be Secondary to the WOW in your Magic."
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I believe I found this idea on the Ellusionist site or forums, but I found that a 3" self-adhering bandage works the best when it comes to attaching a magnet anywhere on your body you would like. The bandage can be used over and over and the magnet will not move. I've attached a link to see what it looks like. Another idea you can find a lot of shim materials at the local Home Depot or Lowes, just take a magnet with you.

I've heard the M10 was more powerful than the M5, anyone have any experience as to exactly how much more powerful?

Joe

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.j......vCount=0
qenny
View Profile
New user
Scotland - New Zealand - London
57 Posts

Profile of qenny
Some food for thought on the subject of magnets. I was travelling this week, and for the first time in a while, I looked a bit more closely at the picture of things that you aren't supposed to take on an aircraft. One of them was a magnet. I was surprised - I'd never been asked before if I was carrying a magnet, and have never been stopped when I've had my M5, Raven, or mini magnets on me (the kind I use in a TT). I asked, and was told that I should declare any such items so that they can be packaged safely and put in the cargo hold.
Qenny
Sleightly Twisted
ljgrant
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of ljgrant
Quote:
On 2002-10-20 14:56, xaratax wrote:
That will tell you exactly what to order from wondermagnets.
I think that the one was 1 1/2 x 1 1/2 x 3/8

I just checked my original PK Factor magnet.

It is 3" x 2" x 3/4". Moreover, it is quite heavy and very strong. I took a cab with it in its packaging, and it made an impressive clank! as it attached iself to the cab door.

This is too large and too strong for many effects. It definitely will levitate an object trapped inside a glass, one of the suggested effects that came with it.
shinobi
View Profile
Loyal user
Durban, South Africa
272 Posts

Profile of shinobi
A coin doesn't have to be a magnet with its own polarity to turn over, just a metal that is affected by a magnet. it can be made to stand up and turn over slowly, rather than a sudden jump caused by same poles repelling. but I think you need a quad magent for this to work. mine is 50mm x 50mm X 15mm, or about 2" x 2" x 0,6"

BTW, even a small magnet will give a big reading on a metal detector at a bank/ airport, as they work by detecting changes in the magnetic field between the two sides.