The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Magnet imbedded under skin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The problem I have is I believe half of the people are actually serious.

WOW that scares me.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Heygeno
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of Heygeno
????????
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2006-06-07 17:54, Matt Malinas wrote:
Lool ! I bet it would !
but I think it could be worth it. it can't be that complicated
to implant a magnet under your skin. you could do PK effects naked Smile
I would definetly get one

-Matt

What about the possibilitiy of infection?
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5958 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I'd pass on that. A friend was showing me some rare earth sliver magnets he was selling. They were extremely small - maybe a 1/4" long and 1/64" wide. He was selling them mostly for cardwork.
ChrixF
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of ChrixF
Wow, to have a magnet imbedded under somebody's skin is a pretty messed up thing to do. Even if it's for magic.

Chrix
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Mago Anton had a fish that had a magnet inside to do a fantastic card effect, but was asked to stop doing it at the Den Haag FISM.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
cjl467
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
71 Posts

Profile of cjl467
I think that the biggest problem would be sticking to random things, wiping out your credit cards, etc. But if you had a switch installed and made it an electromagnet instead, I think that it might actually be a practical idea.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
See what I mean? Scary
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Here is a clip of "A Fish Called Cousteau"

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/static/clips/cousteaxu.wmv
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
I can just see it now... someone has one of these inserted in their carcass... they get a booking out of town and decide to fly to the gig... the crack troops manning the perimeter for the TSA at the airport get a BIG BEEP out of the person as they pass through the MAGNETOMETER (which is what the metal detector is, folks - clue's missile impact on that one!) and they do what they have been trained to do:

A BODY CAVITY SEARCH

and this will now happen to the person with this gizmo inside them EVERY TIME they go through airport security. OH! The humanity!!

And I will be standing in line behind them, laughing myself half to death!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
424 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
People have mentioned various problems with the idea of an embedded magnet, but what about just a small thin piece of metal that would attract a magnet? On the back of the hand, for example. Then you could use magnetized coins for back palms, etc., but without the complications of magnets.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Same problem if it is ferrous (magnetic reactive) - the magnetometer (metal detector) is going to DETECT it and this will lead to you getting passed over with the wand first, then, because they won't believe you that you actually have a shim of metal embedded under your skin for a magic trick, will subject you to all sorts of humiliating tests and searches.

Including going up and inside your body.

And heaven help you if you go to a country that is REALLY paranoid about airport security, like Israel or Red China!

This is NOT a good idea, people.

Lee Darrow, C.H.
MixEddie
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of MixEddie
That would cause way too much trouble. Wouldn't a strong enough magnet leave a bulge? Then you're going to feel pretty dumb when someone says, "hey...what did you...put a magnet under your skin?!"
Jaypoc
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jaypoc
Quote:
On 2006-07-16 00:54, Lee Darrow wrote:
Same problem if it is ferrous (magnetic reactive) - the magnetometer (metal detector) is going to DETECT it and this will lead to you getting passed over with the wand first, then, because they won't believe you that you actually have a shim of metal embedded under your skin for a magic trick, will subject you to all sorts of humiliating tests and searches.

Including going up and inside your body.

And heaven help you if you go to a country that is REALLY paranoid about airport security, like Israel or Red China!

This is NOT a good idea, people.

Lee Darrow, C.H.

I don't know why I am even humoring this, but why would you TELL them it's a magnet for magic? Lots of people have metal joints or rods from surgeries and accidents. It's pretty common. I don't think anyone would have trouble.

Now, going through surgery and having a magnet implanted is a bit rediculous. I'll stick to my Raven Smile
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21287 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I will stick to slight of hand. Forget the Raven.

Oh and under the skin? Like I said this scares the heck out of me as I feel some of these guys may actually be serious on some level.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
gaafman
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of gaafman
Hehe I would see someone embedded an m5 in their skin, just what people think of in archieving magic. Indeed some normal sleights would do the same thing or even better most of the time.
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Quote:
On 2006-07-25 19:42, Jaypoc wrote:
I don't know why I am even humoring this, but why would you TELL them it's a magnet for magic? Lots of people have metal joints or rods from surgeries and accidents. It's pretty common. I don't think anyone would have trouble.

Now, going through surgery and having a magnet implanted is a bit rediculous. I'll stick to my Raven Smile

Because, if you do NOT have the documentation FOR that surgical implant, which most people DO, then you CAN be required to submit to a full body cavity search under the new TSA regulations, that's why.

Even if you did tell them that it is a magnet for magical purposes, I sincerely doubt that the crack troops manning the perimeter at the airport would BELIEVE that story. Would YOU?

;)

Lee Darrow, C.H.
Aidan
View Profile
New user
Niceville, FL
27 Posts

Profile of Aidan
This topic has been quiet for a long time, but since I'm new and have been snooping around alot, I thought I might leave my first post here.

I'm not much for considering an implant but the idea of a "built in" Raven of some sort seems intriguing. I'm working to produce the effect of a coin that has not quite passed thru my hand. Not much different than the threaded needles from the belly button. I would think a thin magnetic sheet could be applied in the same manner allowing a "sleeves up" version of certain routines that might be unique.... and quiet too.
Integrity is all that is truly yours, everything else, can be taken from you in an instant!
state
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of state
After I have a magnet put in my left hand, I'm going to implant an ITR in my right. Then I'll be unstoppable.
SoCalPro
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern California
1636 Posts

Profile of SoCalPro
What's next?? FISM Flash implanted in your chest??? Smile