The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Stigmata (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2249 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
Nope, just use the deck of cards and myself. Haven't tried the business card or "pure" versions yet.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
Yes, Scott, after my first trial, I used a pen cap instead. The first time I tried the effect the lighting conditions were poor and the spectators did not seem 100% sold on the idea that their mentally selected number had really appeared on my arm.

Perhaps they were reminded of the perfect little gliph I used back in high school to cheat on "True False" quizes.

-Cine
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
magiczim
View Profile
New user
Philly
67 Posts

Profile of magiczim
Quote:
On 2006-05-19 10:31, sgrossberg wrote:
Does anyone use an instrument (e.g., capped pen) to do the necessary work? - Scott

yes, I have used the tip of a mechanical pencil. it is great to get a visual, and does not damage you. I highly suggest trying it out and see how you like it. it has worked wonders for me in my performance.

_Zim
"We live within the recreation of others" - René Lavand
Matt Malinas
View Profile
Inner circle
Transylvania
1367 Posts

Profile of Matt Malinas
Great idea magiczim ! I have no problems using just my body but I tried your idea out and it works very well.
thanks for that

-Matt
The masters make the rules, for the wise men and the fools
tomcat
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of tomcat
I've been taking the pen cap off the pen I hand them to write on the card. It doesn't cause attention and the cap is a common item and inspectable. It makes the effect show up a lot better IMO. It almost pops up.
MyTurnPlzAA
View Profile
Loyal user
NC
288 Posts

Profile of MyTurnPlzAA
What type of pen do you use, ?

any or what can you explain more, my arm is bleeding Smile
tomcat
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of tomcat
Tonight I used a bic standard use pen. I find the ones that have "tails" on them work the best for the prop. WARNING it will take longer to reset the trick but it shows up WAY better. I pulled the trick tonight with a group of girls and she had all the supplies I needed in her purse to make it work just like the DvD. If I were doing this trick in a club (which would never happen as its too cool to do over and over). I would find a different spot on your arm to do the trick on and rotate it around. That way you could do the same spot on your arm 3x a night with 4-6 different spots. The reason why I wouldn't do it to every table is you want people to come back for more. I won't do the trick for anyone I know more than once. They know me and know how I do some magic just by watching me enough times. I don't want them figuring this EZ trick out that has so much psyc. power.

on a side note... good adlib tonight to make them all feel more apart of the trick. I had them all hold hands in a circle and the have the end person hold and squeeze the biz. card. they all sqeezed each other and the person I was doing the trick for was holding my arm. IT WAS GREAT. They all felt connected to the trick and all had a part and were ALL completely freaked out. I do workshops and small groups for a living and I think this really pulls EVERYONE into the trick by channeling the card into your hand. Just a ton of fun with the best $40 bucks I ever spent.

BTW I would claim spiritual fatigue. U shouldn't be doing this trick so much that it would cause your arm to bleed. If you are doing the trick properly you shouldn't cause that much skin irritation. Aloe might be a good idea for a treatment. I would keep the trick as something that "takes" something out of you. I sometimes do the heart stop routine to "prove" that channeling the spirit world could "kill" me. Its a riot.

hope that helps a bit.

NEVER do the SAME trick TWICE for the SAME person. Keep em guessing and coming back for more!