The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Magic...at a moment's notice! :: Some friends hand you a deck of cards and ask you to do a trick. What trick do you do? (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11 [Next]
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7050 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Oct 2, 2015, TheMagicHacker wrote:
Slop shuffle is a pretty easy go-to trick, though I would probably go with the Two-Card Monte. Also, it's hard to go wrong with an ACR.

What is Two Card Monte?
lumagic
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of lumagic
I do Ambitious card routine and Out of this world
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7050 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Bottom Line Premonition- Bob Cassidy
ATL
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of ATL
Two card monte is always possible. So good because it happens in their hands. Mind reading by peeking bottom and forcing it is another one, not really my cup of tea, but sometimes, sometimes. Card to the teeth thing I hate, but it gets good reactions. I just feel I see it everywhere by everyone.

Two most simple and my favorite things to do are following. One is where I ask them to choose a card(as much as I hate doing that) and then do the whole cheesy "remember it" etc thing and when they give it to me I palm it and proceed doing charlie with other hand saying "Now I could cut it to the middle but you wouldn't believe me would you, so here just shuffle these as much as you want." and then just return from palm to top as they give deck back and then reveal w/e way I feel like, usually color change.

My most favorite is putting cross bend to bottom card under the deck and then turning deck over and going "Okay I show a trick, you do it. We have a deal." proceeding to cut card into the middle and telling the person who's doing it to relax and just cut naturally to about middle. It's so great because they do everything and often are just dumbfounded after it. It also releases all that hostility that might be present with ambitious card etc.
StevenScott
View Profile
New user
42 Posts

Profile of StevenScott
CO. Williams card In pocket. A killer anytime mentalism effect with a shuffled deck of cards. I love doing this trick. Its very old and can be found in a manuscript from trickshop.com called "Simply Mental." Actually there are several gems of impromptu magic in than little 5.00 book.
The Wacky Wizard
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of The Wacky Wizard
A three card prediction from a shuffled deck.
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
88 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2011, DelMagic wrote:
This week at work I was handed a deck and asked to do a trick. I have never performed there for these people. I probably haven't done a trick at work in close to 30-years. The two decks available were in lousy shape. I couldn't even weave shuffle them. I just toyed around with the deck trying to think what I could do where the cards wouldn't be a problem. I chose the classic twisting the aces. The performance went fine and the observers were very fooled and impressed. I need to think about this more so that I'm not so flummoxed. I really don't perform much so I'm not very well prepared for situations like this.

When the deck presented is already in a very rough shape, I usually perform How to find your other half from W.Aragon. They usually don<t ask for another trick after that using their own cards...

Really like Halo aces or a ten cards poker deal.
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie
qwerty71
View Profile
Regular user
178 Posts

Profile of qwerty71
For a new deck order Simon Prophecy Move, for a shuffled deck- The deck of misplaced cards.
LeafyMagic
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of LeafyMagic
Two card monte, steve valentines transpo from his penguin lecture or asad's (52Kards) 3 card selection
Forty Six & 2
View Profile
Regular user
Three cheers and some toasts for my
107 Posts

Profile of Forty Six & 2
Gemini Twins. Without doubt. Every time.
Ask, knock and seek
dsleasman
View Profile
New user
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
23 Posts

Profile of dsleasman
For me, it depends on how many people are around me and my angles.

1-3 People- Daniel Madison Card to Pocket or Double Exposure by Asi Wind
4+ - Two Card Monte or Clutch by Oz Pearlman

I also will normally keep presentation to a minimum, and gauge reactions from there.
"If you want something from an audience, you give blood to their fantasies. It's the ultimate hustle." -Marlon Brando
Chollet
View Profile
Regular user
Don't be fooled by the fact I only have
191 Posts

Profile of Chollet
I like to carry around an odd colored card (often not a rider back), which I can load onto borrowed decks and do the Chicago Opener. This effect kills with a borrowed deck, and doesn't require the deck to be in particularly great shape.

The other effect that I think is really strong with a borrowed deck is Barrie Richardson's ACAAN. Deck can be in pretty lousy shape as the sleights are super forgiving, and I think the effect is strong with a borrowed deck as it eliminates any suspicion of a deck setup.
AceOfJokers
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of AceOfJokers
Gemini Twins is so easy to set up and perform.
terrillific
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, TX
294 Posts

Profile of terrillific
Out of Sight, Out of Mind by Dai Vernon or Lazy Man's Card Trick by Daryl
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3560 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I like to do '99 Percent' found in Frank Garcia and George Schindler's 113 Easy to perform card miracles.
Yes, there is a small percent of it not working which is fine with me because I follow up with a cards to pocket which I learned from Dick Oslund many years ago,
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Wravyn!

I was just 'surfing the web", and noted that you mentioned the "CARDS TO POCKET"!

I'm very happy that you are using one of my few "inventions"! I didn't really "invent" it. I hadn't learned a false count when I was a teenager, and wanted to do the cards to pocket, so, I played around with a pack of cards, one day, and the "thing" just "developed itself"!

Karrell Fox saw me do it someplace, and loved it. He put it in his "regular" close up routine!

Oops, it's about my bed time.....
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3560 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
What's so fantastic about the effect you taught me Mr Oslund is it plays well with ALL age groups.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Ha! Maybe I should package it up, and, "sell it"! hee hee

I have a bunch of "left over" lecture notes. I could just tear out that page, have it laminated, and get Joe Stevens to put it on the market!

Maybe I could "join" those other card guys, like Elmsley, Miller, Vernon, Jay, Racherbaumer, Mardo, Erdnase, and ENARDOE!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
I like to do "Slop or Sloppy Shuffle" it doesn't require any pre setup so they can hand me their shuffled deck. Gets great reactions.
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7050 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Quote:
On Jul 27, 2017, terrillific wrote:
Out of Sight, Out of Mind by Dai Vernon or Lazy Man's Card Trick by Daryl

Daryl?