The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Café Tech Help Area :: Help, I want to get back in! :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
blueshawk1
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of blueshawk1
To whom it may concern,
Help!
I had a computer crash and lost my passwords. I tried use the link for "forgot password", but I never got the email, apparently. sometime after I joined, this thing came up with using free email addresses, amd I was using a netzero address, I can only guess that's the reason I didn't get the email with a new password.
There's no way to contact someone unless you sign on, but of course, I couldn't sign on.
So I created and signed up under another user name, but I would really like to get back in under my old user name. I have a different email address available that's apparently acceptable since it let me sign up with it (which I tried using to get it to send me an email with a new password, but that's not the address my profile recognizes as going with that username).
My username was: Dickens & Dave, and if I could pm someone my email address to send me a new password for that username, I would very much appreciate it.
blueshawk1
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of blueshawk1
Ok, thank you for your help.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Not sure who you are thanking since the only posts are yours.
Where the magic begins
blueshawk1
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of blueshawk1
Think about it.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
OK. I assume you are making a snide comment because we didn't drop everything and fix your problem. There are a lot of issues being handled right now and yours hasn't been overlooked. Gives us a little time.
Where the magic begins
blueshawk1
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of blueshawk1
If you look at the date of my first post, then the date of my second post, it shows there was a three day difference. If you have a lot of issues going on right now, my sympathies, but I don't think waiting three days indicates that I expected anyone to "drop everything" to fix my problem.

Funny though that the only way I could get any kind of response was to make a "snide comment", you'd have been better off not commenting since it's a non-issue now. I've handled it myself by letting people know I've changed usernames, if they sent any pms that mattered they can resend them, post count doesn't mean anything except I can't look in the for sale sections and that's fine too, I can't be tempted to buy what I can't see.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Problem resolved. Old ID email corrected and this Id removed.
Where the magic begins
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
Quote:
On 2013-09-20 06:43, blueshawk1 wrote:
If you have a lot of issues going on right now, my sympathies ...

[RANT]

Wow. You must really have no idea of what's been going on here lately. Thanks for your sympathies, but we really don't need them. We all do the best we can as *volunteers* here, and with recent events I have been very busy doing other things in addition to working my full-time job. As such, I haven't been visiting the Manager or Tech forums in a while. I'm usually the one that takes care of these things (only Admins have those particular abilities). I do get the occasional PM from someone about name changes, and I can get to those quickly because I've been directly told about them and they're extremely easy to take care of. Something like this is more involved, however, and I wasn't told about it until this evening. That's just how it goes sometimes.

In the event you have some problem in the future that only Admins can take care of - and that's usually me - and I happen to be busy at that time for whatever reason, then you have my sympathies.

[/RANT]

Topic closed.
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile