The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Café Tech Help Area :: PM notifications (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3269 Posts

Profile of magicmind
If the PM's from Steve Brooks do not allow email notification of a PM, then please disregard everything below.
I stopped at some point in the past few months, receiving email notifications from the Café. These are not in my spam folder, nor in any email folders. I have changed no rules either. Please assist.

I have also tried turning off the notification in my preferences and then turning them back on.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Have you changed your email address recently?
Where the magic begins
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3269 Posts

Profile of magicmind
It was changed several months ago, and was working. I think I asked a staff member to change this for me...however, I may be incorrect. Why would my new email addy not work? It is correct in the "edit profile".
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
I couldn't tell from looking at your profile if this was your current address or not. If you had changed your address but didn't have it changed on the Café, then your notifications would be going to the gmail account. I needed to verify that the address in your profile was correct.
Where the magic begins
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3269 Posts

Profile of magicmind
The one in the profile is correct. Nothing coming to gmail, not even PM messages from steve brooks
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3269 Posts

Profile of magicmind
So it works now, but only for member PM's...I get no notification when steve puts out a mass PM
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The last PM from Steve was on May 10th while you were having the problem. We'll have to wait until he sends out a new one to see if the system is working. My assumption is that if you are getting them from members, you'll get them from Steve when he sends one.
Where the magic begins
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
No emails are sent for Broadcast Private Messages. It was never set up that way because it would mean sending an email to each registered member every time a broadcast PM is posted. That's thousands upon thousands of emails, meaning thousands upon thousands of chances of being marked as a spammer, and we aren't going there. We only send emails to those who have specifically elected to receive emails from the Café, and we still get marked as a spammer. I'm still trying to figure that one out. Smile
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile