The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Café Tech Help Area :: BBcode and Smilies? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
What does disable BBcode and Smilies mean?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Exactly that, if for some reason the code (if you use it) is getting in your way, it tells the system to ignore it. For example, if you number items in your post like this:

1)
2)
3)
then number 8 comes out like a smiley face. With Smilies disabled, it looks like 8)

It's the same with bbcode. Sometimes you want to show people how to use the code. With it disabled, you can type the code and it displays as text. With the code turned on, all you see is the effect of that code. Read the FAQ to understand what bbcode is and how to use it.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3667 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Thanks Dave
I did go read the FAQ on BBcode and it did help.
cdelah
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of cdelah
Go up to f.a.q and scroll down to smilies then read. Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4863 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Smilies are little pictures or emoticons that you can insert in your posts to convey a feeling such Smile

Just under the message reply window there is a comment about smilies with a clickable link. If you want to insert an emoticon, just click on that and you'll get a window with all of available ones and their codes. Simply copy/paste or type that code into you message. The code will automatically change to the picture.
Where the magic begins
Donnie Buckley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Cleveland, Ohio
1123 Posts

Profile of Donnie Buckley
Can you use text formatting at the Magic Café?
Specifically I wonder if [size=16]size[/size] and [color=red]color[/color] tags are permitted.
Gene
View Profile
Café Forum Developer
Howard City, MI
276 Posts

Profile of Gene
I'm afraid [size] and [color] tags aren't available. At least right now. Smile
Somebody kick me off the computer, will ya? Smile Smile