The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: The Magic Café Tech Help Area :: Log in problems :: TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Steve Knight
View Profile
Elite user
Oxford U.K.
479 Posts

Profile of Steve Knight
When I log in to the Café I'm unable to see my PM's or the Secret Sessions section, nor anything to suggest I'm logged in. However I can send PM's and post new messages, but only after entering my username and password a second time. What might be the problem?
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4861 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Steve: When you think you are logged in, does the text on the upper right side of the page say " you are logged in as Steve Knight"? If not, then you are not logged in. I had this problem once before and this was the solution that I came up with. Go to your cookies folder and delete all the cookies that deal with the Magic Café. Then go back to the Café and log in again. You should see the "You are logged in as" text and that should solve your problem. Something else I have to do is to click the little box that says keep me logged in.

Dave
Where the magic begins
Mary B.
View Profile
Café Tech Advisor
Howard City, Michigan
626 Posts

Profile of Mary B.
If you are using IE6 as your browser, you may have to click the "keep me logged in" button, due to the way IE6 handles cookies. The fact that you had to enter your username/password again to post a message tells that you were not logged in until you did so. This is definately a cookie problem.

You can quickly find all the Magic Café cookies in your C:/Windows/Cookies folder by clicking Start>Find>Files or Folders, and typing themagiccafe.com into the "Containing text" box. Delete everything that comes up in the search, then come back to the Café and log in, and tick the "keep me logged in" box. This should solve your login problems.