The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Table hoppers & party strollers :: Kevin King Balloon trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
291 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Does anyone know what kind of "squeaker" Kevin King is using in his balloon gag from
his "Watch Steal" video?

It can't be from a regular hand squeaker (or can it?) because the squeaker seems to get plugged-up with spit if it's in the mouth.

-Thanks,
Asmayly
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Howdy:

It is almost certain that it IS one of those squeaker thingies taken from the little bulb squeakers. The trick to it is in fact NOT letting it get filled with spit.

I know that if you have tried it, as I have, that the above statement seems like some noxious Catch-22, but there you go. I have seen about 6 friends who conquered it so I can tell you that it CAN be done, but it takes time, etc. Go for it.

Best,
Brad Burt
Brad Burt
asmayly
View Profile
Loyal user
San Antonio, Texas
291 Posts

Profile of asmayly
Brad,
Thanks for the response. You know when I was kid I had that "ventrillo" right out of the comic books.

It was 2 pieces of convex-shaped metal held together with wrapped thread. It was kept in your mouth and it made a sound like the balloon. Because of the way it was constructed, it didn't get clogged up.

I know you are a magic dealer, Brad. Would you happen to know where to get a ventrillo of days past?

-Thanks,
Asmayly