The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Going for the 'Gold' :: Magic at the Beach 2013 accepting competitors ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
Magic at the Beach 2013 will be held January 17 - 19, 2013 in beautiful Myrtle Beach, SC, USA. This is our Fourth Annual event. Competitions in both Close-up and Stage routines are being hosted. If you are a performer that has an act that you'd like to compete with contact us asap and register. Here are our competition guidelines:

Adult Stage, Youth Stage and Close-up Contests - Cash prizes!
First Place $150.00
Second Place $50.00
First Place Close-up also receives a free magic wand compliments of Moonlight Magic!

$10.00 Entry Fee |Must be registered for convention

Contest Rules
General Info:
Each contest will be limited to 8 contestants. There will be one contest for Close-up and one for Stage.

Contestants will be selected on a first come basis as applications and registrations are received.
Deadline for entering a contest will occur when 8 applications are received or one hour before the contest if 8 contestants have not entered.
All contestants must be duly registered for the convention.
No contest entrant may be a paid performer at the convention.
No performer will be allowed rehearsal time at the convention.
Contestants performing to music must bring their own cassette or CD.
All contestants must check in with the Contest Director (Dave Tanner) at least 30 minutes prior to the contest starting time.
Contestants will be judged by a committee of judges selected by the Contest Director. These will be one magician, one lay person, one non-magician in the entertainment industry. Judges decisions will be final.
No pyrotechnics allowed. The Contest Director reserves the right to disqualify any contestant from performing should he or she deem the fire to be detrimental to the convention.
Contestants will be assigned a performing order by the Contest Director.
A limit of 8 minutes maximum will be allowed each performer in any contest. Points will be deducted for performances running over the time limit.
The contest will be scored on the following:

PRESENTATION
Covers how well the Act was routined.
SKILL/TECHNIQUE
Covers the expertise at the level of difficulty the contestant chose to perform.
AUDIENCE APPRECIATION
Covers how entertaining the “audience” perceived the act.
PRESENCE
Covers the image or charisma projected by the contestant, personal appearance, movement, layout and
display of materials presented.
ORIGINALITY
Covers the originality of both routining and effects.

More Info:
Generally, the stage conditions are very limited. The backdrops are usually black, although we can’t guarantee it. Contestants may set up off stage before performing. They should be set on stage within 3-5 minutes after the previous act has finished. We do not provide special lighting or sound; however, you may provide your own as long as it does not interfere with the other performers. You must set it before the contest and strike it after all performers are finished. We do not have a closing curtain. If you need to set the stage in private, we can probably provide some cover in the way of two 6 foot portable back drops. If you have special needs, let us know and we will try to accomodate, as long as it is not a great inconvenience. Good Luck.

For more information visit http://www.MagicAtTheBeach.org or call 843.626.8191.

Hope to see you perform at MATB2013

Mike Heidtman
Event Coordinator, MATB2013
Myrtle Beach, SC

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"
SeasideShowman
View Profile
Elite user
Myrtle Beach, SC
443 Posts

Profile of SeasideShowman
All competition slots are now closed. Thank you to all who have registered to compete at the upcoming Magic at the Beach convention. For those of you who were seriously considering competing yet didn't commit on time I suggest you call us at 843.626.8191 and talk with us to discuss your options.

Best of luck to all of this years competitors !! We'll see you at Magic at the Beach !!

http://www.magicatthebeach.org

Yours in Magic,

Captain Mike
Seaside Showman
Event Coordinator, MATB2013
Myrtle Beach, SC, USA

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I didn't care if they were laughing at me or laughing with me ... as long as they were laughing" - Unknown
www.MagicAtTheBeach.org
"I'm with it"