The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Three card monty, Shell and pea trick.. but...... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi all

I have an idea that I would like to include in a show,. But I have NO idea how to pull it off. Thought this might be the place to get some help.

I want to use the traditional three card monte/shell and pea scam, but.. with a twist. I would like, instead of one pea under one of three shells, to have an assistant and two store dummies, also under blankets. Alternatively I thought I could have three heads poking through three holes in a table with a gap at the back big enough to allow their heads to slide in and out. One the assistant again, the others dummies. I think you get the idea.

The question is how do I switch them so the audience member gets it wrong? I am totally stuck! Maybe someone has a solution?

Have fun

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2002-08-31 14:01, Straitjacket Guy wrote:
Hi all

I have an idea that I would like to include in a show,. But I have NO idea how to pull it off. [...]
I would like, instead of one pea under one of three shells, to have an assistant and two store dummies, also under blankets. Alternatively I thought I could have three heads poking through three holes in a table with a gap at the back big enough to allow their heads to slide in and out. One the assistant again, the others dummies. I think you get the idea.
[...]

I get the idea. I think Paul Osborne got the idea too, since he designed this EXACT illusion (years ago), using an assistant and dummy heads for a "monte" effect, with the assistant ultimately vanishing.

I'm sure plans are available from Paul.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Hi Thomas

Many thanks for you input. Well at least I know it's possible. However, once again my 'original idea' turns out to be someone elses Smile

I have just done a Google search with his name and it seems he has produced several books regarding building illusion props. Do you happen to know if this is in any of them, or what he actually called the trick so that I could find out for myself?

Thanks again Smile

Duncan
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook