The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Looking for some guidance/mentorship (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Poveglia
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, FL
240 Posts

Profile of Poveglia
I have been doing magic as a hobby for almost 10 years now. I've had a few paid gigs, but nothing serious because I am an active duty Army guy. Well, recently I found out that I am going to be medically retired after 14 years in service. Needless to say, I am freaking out (havent been a civilian since high school, Army is all I know).

I'd love to get into magic professionally, but I need some mentorship from you pros. Any advice you can give will be taken to heart and I will greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone is in the Orlando area, I have no problems meeting up and having a coffee or beer and discussing some things.

Anyone interested?
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
You might want to check out the local magic clubs in and around Orlando. Like most local magic clubs they will probably consist of hobbyists of caring levels of skill ability and experience. But that should at least put you in contact with some local people who ought to be able to point you to professionals based in your area. You can then make contact with them. And maybe you'll have some enlightened hobbyist who can help too.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Orlando has a fairly active magic club. There is a magic shop. You could learn the times, day, and day of meetings, there.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Poveglia...

I'm a Navy vet (Korea) and a retiree from 50 years on the road, coast to coast, and, border to border. Feel free to PM. Maybe I can help a little.
supertoad12
View Profile
New user
Choose a number between 1 and
88 Posts

Profile of supertoad12
Good luck Poveglia.

I am also in the army going through a similar time. Broke my knee and torn my meniscus playing ice hockey a couple of months ago...really nervous about losing what has been the best 25 years of my life! I suggest you hang around magic club and magic shops and get as much info as you can. I have been going to Denny & Lee everytime I get the chance. I am sure their are similar people in Orlando with a passion similar to Denny.

Dick, vous êtes un homme avec beaucoup de classe. Toujours prêt à aider. Bravo!

Steph
Steph

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it"...J.M. Barrie
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Quote:
On Jan 1, 2017, Dick Oslund wrote:
Poveglia...

I'm a Navy vet (Korea) and a retiree from 50 years on the road, coast to coast, and, border to border. Feel free to PM. Maybe I can help a little.

Apparently, friend Poveglia found someone in Orlando, as he never PM'd!