The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Teleportation Card Effect??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
dukenotes
View Profile
New user
Winchester, KY
70 Posts

Profile of dukenotes
I hope I'm going to explain this correctly; but I would like to know if something like this has been done. I've come up with a teleportation card effect with much help from Robert Lamar and Alan Wheeler. I will try to write it like an ad in a magic catalogue.

Effect: A magician makes a card vanish from one deck of cards and appear in another deck of cards.

How it looks: A magician lets a spectator freely pick a card from a deck. The card can be hand picked or merely thought of by the spectator.

When the chosen card is revealed to the magician, he reaches in his pocket and pulls out a second package of cards.

He finds the spectators card in the original deck and places it on top of the second deck's package so that the secret sensors will know which card to teleport. He then places the spectator's card back on top of the original deck, showing the face of the spectator's card to him as he does so (optional)

The magician claims he will now magically teleport the spectator's card to this different deck. Indeed, the second deck is taken out of the package to reveal the spectator's card. It is the only card in the second deck with the same back design as the first deck.

What's more, the spectator is told to look for his card in the first deck and he cannot find it. He can even count the cards and there are only 51!

What do you think Smile

Duke
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
Duke, I can't wait to see it! Please put the card back in the case you teleported it out of, though.
--alan Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion
cardstain
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of cardstain
paul cummins has a similar effect to that. although not along the lines of a teleportation effect. it is an invisible deck handling with two cases where the said or thougt of card manages to find its way into the other case.
"Here, hold my tooth."-Joseph
dukenotes
View Profile
New user
Winchester, KY
70 Posts

Profile of dukenotes
Quote:
On 2002-04-18 10:13, alleycat wrote:
Duke, I can't wait to see it! Please put the card back in the case you teleported it out of, though.
--alan Smile

Yes, the way the effect is structured, I can actually let them search for their card in the first deck; they won't find it. Then I open the second deck to reveal the teleported card.

Then I guess I will just physically return the teleported card to the original pack. I wasn't thinking of making this move anything special, but I suppose with a little more thought it could be done as a second teleportation.

Thanks for the input Smile

Duke
Alan Wheeler
View Profile
Inner circle
Posting since 2002 with
2038 Posts

Profile of Alan Wheeler
No, no, no!

I like it the way you had it in the first place. I was just joking, asking you to PLEASE (physically) return the card you teleported back to its original pack.

I'm just tired of all these decks with 51 cards in them laying around all over the place... Smile

alleycat Smile
The views and comments expressed on this post may be mere speculation and are not necessarily the opinions, values, or beliefs of Alan Wheeler.
A BLENDED PATH
Christian Reflections on Tarot
Word Crimes
Technology and Faith........Bad Religion