The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Wild Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
739 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
I am putting together a Wild Card routine and I am using parts of the following to use as patter. What do you all use, or have thought about using?

I Sing The Body Electric

I sing the body electric. I celebrate the me yet to come. I toast to my own reunion when I be-come one with the sun.

And I’ll look back on Venus; I’ll look back on Mars. And I’.. burn with the fire of ten mil-lion stars._

And in time, and in time we will all be stars.

I sing the body electric. I glory in the glow of re-birth, creating my own tomorrow, when I shall em-body the earth.

And I’ll serenade Venus; I’ll serenade Mars.

And I’.. burn with the fire of ten mil-lion stars._

And in time, and in time we will all be stars.

We are the emperors now and we are the czars. And in time, and in time we will all be stars.

This would work really well with, I believe it’s called Especially Wild, I am working it up with Tarot cards, and of course, they all turn to the Star, just playing around.

Your thoughts?

Smile
TC Tahoe - The Intuitionist
The 33rd Most Interesting Man in the World
http://www.tctahoe.com
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Not my style, but not bad.

You can see my Wild Card routine at http://www.online-visions.com/effects/01......ild.html
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
tctahoe
View Profile
V.I.P.
Lakeland Fl.
739 Posts

Profile of tctahoe
I couldn’t agree more about the repetition in this otherwise wonderful effect. That is why I use only five cards, four that change. It makes it much more direct and doesn’t suffer from the repetition

tc

Smile
TC Tahoe - The Intuitionist
The 33rd Most Interesting Man in the World
http://www.tctahoe.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5937 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
At times I have flirted with the thought of using poems and songs as patter for presentation. My problem is two fold.

Getting the right to use those items to present magic is a bit of a process, but not impossible.

I would prefer to present my own ideas and art. I’m a you-know-what that way. Being a song writer by nature I find it comes naturally. (the writing part not the you-know-what part)

What I give up in doing so is the immediate connection a familiar piece might give you with your audience. It is a price I choose to pay.

Not better, just different.

Tom Cutts
martinsmagic
View Profile
New user
Spicewood, TX
61 Posts

Profile of martinsmagic
I have been using a variation of Wild Card (called one over the eight) for 25 years or so. I'm told that my handling is different from the standard wild card, but who knows. I have Garcia's book Wild Card Miracles which one day I will read and no doubt find some useful tips on this beautiful effect.

I think the first phase is kind of slow and not a huge surprise, but to my mind this sets-up up the second phase that I try to do quickly but very cleanly and deliberately. The original one over the eight used short cards to aid the double lift and I continue to do that. So when it comes to the final four I make it as clean as possible and it has always gone down very well.

I like ESPecially Wild from Meir Yedid which I only recently bought, since it makes the first phase stronger and I still like the last phase so I keep that.

Here is a link to a performance of wild card that I did earlier this year:

http://www.martinsmagic.com/magic/movies/wild-card.rm
Martin's Magic Collection
The Largest Online Collection of Rare, Vintage, and New Magic!
bigjoeblue
View Profile
New user
akron ohio
82 Posts

Profile of bigjoeblue
great scott! your link on this page displays error. Just thought you would like to fix it so we all can see your site
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Actually, it's not my site--it's the Visions site. The reason the routine no longer comes up is because it was in the first year of Visions, and Shane Causer (webmaster) took down all the first year stuff to make an eBook--which I highly recommend. If you're interested in the routine, email me, and I'll send it to you. It's called, "McCall of the Wild."
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
bigjoeblue
View Profile
New user
akron ohio
82 Posts

Profile of bigjoeblue
thanks! I'll look for it.