The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Challenge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
IceKnight
View Profile
New user
UK
75 Posts

Profile of IceKnight
Hi guys,

I have a challenge for you. Does anyone know a way to seemingly offer a free choice of, lets say, bags - imagine the set up in front of you you have 4 or 5 bags, I want to be able to ask the specs to simply choose a bag and leave me with one, the one left has really dangerous contents.

I could use PATEO or even equivoque but I wanted something which seemed very clean. I won't go into the effect here but if anyone can help I may be tempted to divulge later!

Dade
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Changing bag raffle?
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

I've got a better one. I'll PM you.
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

I missed some things in the inital post. IceKnight told me the routine, so for clarification:

The spectator must have some influence on the choice, no random lottery.
The dangerous item is one-of-a-kind (no dupes)
Multiple choosing methods can be used as long as each spectator chooses 1 and magician is left with 1

The effect is based on spectator's psychic powers/sub-conscious, so choosing methods should reflect this ability.
IceKnight
View Profile
New user
UK
75 Posts

Profile of IceKnight
Cheers for clearing that up - when typing you tend to forget that not everyone, pictures things the same, and I already know what I want to do, just unsure of the route Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
I will have a solution for this in my upcoming book Lost In Thought... I hope to have news as to when it's ready to print by the end of this month or the beginning of the next one.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
makeupguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1411 Posts

Profile of makeupguy
How about a legit choice... and then use a topit and a load similar to a dove load to switch the bags... it would be nearly invisible..and if done on an off moment.. sideways to the audience... it would be absolutely invisible.. just a simple act of handing the bag from one hand to the next.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5447 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
This is presently sold by Aldo Colombini as "Real Danger".

You will find it is reviewed elsewhere on the Café' (try the search function).

No PATEO force or equivoque is used. Both are more cumbersome than his solution.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
IceKnight
View Profile
New user
UK
75 Posts

Profile of IceKnight
Cheers Harry - I have bought Aldo's Real Danger and I will see if it can work for my purposes. If not I'll just enjoy doing his effect! Smile