The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: A little card bit. (also a grammar question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
A couple years back I actually learned a few card tricks and strung together a bit which I succesfully performed once or twice before life in general pushed me away from magic.

So here for your ridicule/praise is the script of my first routine ever.

Setup: The magician comes up to Mark, the spectator, and has him shuffle the deck. He then takes the deck back, has Mark take the top card and show it to the audience without the magician seeing and replace it at the top of the deck.*

*Magician shuffles the deck and pulls the top card from the deck, which is not Mark's card.*

Is this your card? ... It isn't? Er... ok let me try again.
Magician shuffles the deck, and has Mark pick another card, which happens to be his original card. Magician shuffles again and once more fails to produce Mark's card.*

*The above scene plays itelf out one more time*

Magician: (frustrated) "I give up."
*Magician sets the pack down face up to reveal that Mark's card is at the bottom of the pack as he walks away muttering about what went wrong.*

Strangely, it worked out fairly well.
"One man's miracle is another man's warm-up"
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Sounds very effective!

I use a similar routine when I work with cards. I tend to have the same card selected (eg 4H) everytime anyone selects a card. I do this out of habit, and for the practice. It can really get the audience going.

Most of my tricks do not use the 'pick a card and I will tell you what it is' theory, so it doesn't matter that the audience knows that I always know their card. May not work well in other routines.
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are