The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: hatrack from hat! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Ok, this would be over the top and quite expensive but here goes:

Magician walks on stage, carrying a briefcase and wearing a nice hat (fedora). He sets the briefcase down, and takes off his hat. He then pulls a 10 to 20 foot tall HAT-RACK out of his hat! Seeing as he can't reach the top to put his hat on it, he opens the briefcase and pulls out a ladder (they have these, they're $400.00) He climbs the ladder, deposits his hat and maybe coat, climbs down, closes up the ladder, then starts the show.

Over the top?

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
It sounds good, but you really can't rely on the ladder to hold your weight. Perhaps if you had some kind of invisible assistance Smile to help you up?

I think the idea is great Smile

Smile
Diavo
View Profile
Veteran user
The District
357 Posts

Profile of Diavo
Thanks for the reply. I didn't know how much weight the ladder would hold but I saw it in Denny & Lee's one night before a lecture (by the way, I'm 170 lbs) I'm just a close-up magician, but my friend and I had this idea when we saw the ladder-from-briefcase. Smile

If I was a stage magician I would *definitely* do this! Smile The expanding hat-rack would of course need to be custom, and probably come from inside the jacket (topit?)

--Diavo Smile
I'm not just a magician, I'm an interpreter of Reality.
Underground, above ground, whatever. I don't need a label, thanks.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Unless you weigh about 5 pounds, I would not attempt to climb the ladder from briefcase.

The appearing hat rack would obviously be an appearing pole with hooks attached to it. The base could already be sitting on the floor ready to accept the appearing pole after it is produced.

Smile