The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Six card repeat patter ideas? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Davro
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
319 Posts

Profile of Davro
Can anyone help with some patter ideas for 6 Card Repeat routines please. Something based around change would be terrific. I'm having a blank mind day. Thanks, David
Best Wishes, David
<BR>
<BR>Mid way this way of life we're bound upon, I woke to find myself in a dark wood, where the right road was wholly lost and gone.
Jeb Sherrill
View Profile
Inner circle
Elsewhere
1161 Posts

Profile of Jeb Sherrill
What kind of "change" are we talking about.

Sable

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
I don't believe in reincarnation, but I may have in another life.
Davro
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
319 Posts

Profile of Davro
Change as in one thing to another or one place to another???
Best Wishes, David
<BR>
<BR>Mid way this way of life we're bound upon, I woke to find myself in a dark wood, where the right road was wholly lost and gone.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Check out, "Life, death & other card tricks"
by Robert Neal. He has a great 6 card repeat routine in that book.

Without giving too much away, it has a theme of W.C. Fields cheating at poker & having cards up his sleeve.

Hope this helps.

Smile
majorshaw
View Profile
New user
Randy Shaw
73 Posts

Profile of majorshaw
Not sure what change you are talking about. But, Blackstone Sr used a patter, buying his wife a hat, a purse, shoes, and a dress and still have change. Remember Just food for thought
R.Shaw

AIMC with Silver Star
Ronin
View Profile
Loyal user
Martinez,CA
216 Posts

Profile of Ronin
The imagery of six card repeat always makes me think of the Dr. Seuss story, "The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins." Maybe there's somewhere to go with that....
David Hirata
www.thingsimpossible.com

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta."
--Federico Fellini
joe h
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of joe h
You could try somthing medieval like a dragon with six heads that a knight cuts off and the heads keep growing back.

Or..

Mickey Mouse and the sorcerers apprentice where all the brooms keep coming

Or a night of the living dead scenario where you keep killing the six zombies and more zombies come out of the grave to replace them.

and the last and weirdest Idea is a story of the old Vicar who hated the nuber six because of the... 666 thing, and also maybe because that number sounded too close to sex. So that whenever he counted anything he skiped over the number six he would count 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, .. 7, 8, 9 etc.. until one day all the number sixes that he ever skipped over came back for their revenge. You could even perform the trick with all sixes, or find a way to start the trick with regular number cards and then all of a sudden they're all sixes.

that's enough babbling for me.

good luck
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
"The 666 thing"! I like it!
Remember, 666 is the number of the beast;
668 is the number of the beast's next-door neighbor! Smile Smile Smile Smile
cheers,
Peter Marucci
showtimecol@aol.com
poire
View Profile
New user
UK
58 Posts

Profile of poire
Some kinda Higher Interest Rate analogy... (for "corporate event" magicians only...)
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
One word: Enron

Seems like a really funny routine could be built around the Enron collapse.

I think they did this effect for real! Smile
Smile
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
The original patter about seeing the magician who did the trick with six cards still plays well...

Vernon's version is in The Dai Vernon Book of Magic by Lewis Ganson.

Paul Hallas.
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4715 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
A certain well-known magician once performed the Six-Card Repeat at a magic convention with the line, "I'll keep doing this until you start applauding." Smile
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Mark Alan
View Profile
New user
St. Augustine Fl.
64 Posts

Profile of Mark Alan
I have to agree with Mr. Hallas, on the original patter plot. I think it still
plays well with a (LAY AUD.) I have finished
with the last 6 being tossed on the table
saying "And I still don't know how he did it"
But at least over the years.. I have learned how to do this. (at that point the cards go flying all over and there is the card castle.) Ok not original But people like it
and so do I... Mark Smile
Megatherion
View Profile
Regular user
146 Posts

Profile of Megatherion
Hi,

The Tarbell Course have several versions of the 6 card repeat complete with presentation.

Yours faithfully

Smile Dan Kirsch Smile
Jeff
View Profile
Inner circle
Orlando, FL
1238 Posts

Profile of Jeff
David Williamson has a routine called "The three card trick" which is very simular and quit funny.

Jeff
Available for order now:
http://www.thecardwarptour.com

See new, used, and collectable magic and books for sale at:
http://www.jeffpiercemagic.com
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Check out Terry Lunceford's Six Card What? Very funny stuff and they have no idea where the extra cards came from.
Oh, and Joe H, if that's babbling then keep it up... there were some good ideas amongst the babble.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
669 Posts

Profile of magus
Richard Osterlind has a 5 card repeat routine where he keeps ending up with five aces and dicarding aces so he won't get in trouble.
It's one of the beat routines I've seen and has a great ending.
See "Osterlinds Challange Magic" video
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
If I am going to be doing a boys' burthday party I substitute Magic or Pokemon cards for the usual playing cards. I gaff a set in the usual manner and then put them back in their foil wrapper. I open this and cout the six cards and complain that I was shorted, there's supposed to be ten cards not six. Then I discover that no matter how many cards I throw away (or Play) I still have sixs cards. This allows me to win any tournament that I choose to enter as I never run out of cards.

The kids can relate to this better than regular playing cards which they very well may never have seen before, let alone played with. Also they take great pleasure in nose diving after the cards you are so casualy throwing away. Also if you need a simple Harry Potter trick to put in your show thay now manufacture both a trading card game and regular playing cards as well.
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.