The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: We double dare you! :: Rocky Racoon Presentations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
This is my own routine (so don't flame me too hard please)I just did this today (for adults) and it went over great....I use the Skunk...actually it's a "Leaping Skunk Of The Sahara"...before the Skunk appears, I said "...most folks wouldn't touch a Skunk with a Ten Foot Pole...but I'll bet you would huh..." and have the Ten Ft Pole appear out of the box painted Danger! Live Skunk!. Then bring out the Skunk for a bit of 'Rocky' stuff and use the MAK 'Disarmed' Illusion. (There is a certain EASY move to make with this, if interested, PM me if you have Dis-Armed and I'll clue you to what I came up with.)
As a Human Arm Illusion, 'Disarmed' is a bit weeny (but cheap at $72)...but with a Skunk or Rocky it is a good one and the 'Box' with the Blades in can be fully opened to maximum extension. It is not a 'scary' type effect that will have kids croaking to mamma either....and the Skunk escapes at the end for the wild chase.

Thanks for reading...
Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I didn't mention that part of the routine (when adults) that incorporates the Spring trap and the Nielson Ketchup as well.

Doug
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
tenyoguy
View Profile
New user
Belfast/Northern Ireland
12 Posts

Profile of tenyoguy
Three years ago, I built a box for sawing Rocky in half. I used to have dis-Armed and auctioned it off, had I still had it... yada yada. But I did used Rocky and the box on stage at the Gaiety Theatre, Dublin, where it went down a treat. Also on the bill that night was Billy McComb! (He went on immediately after me!)
"There is no doubt, it must be witchcraft!"
R Don
View Profile
Regular user
West Coast
197 Posts

Profile of R Don
Tenyoguy did you know that tenyo make a version of rocky. It is smaller and fake fur. I do not what the animal is supposed to be but the face is very well defined. It is a whitey coloured rodent or weasel with a brown tail.Probably only in Japan.
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Wizards Journal #2 has a "scary-funny" bit for Rocky called "Fang", but you didn't hear it from me.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2597 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
How about putting him in one of those arm guillotines where the hand is actually seen to fall off into the basket. The audience should be surprised when rocky is chopped in half and you could then show him actually in two pieces. Plenty of room for comedy in playing up your apparent mistake....... and then restore him.
Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw