The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: SEO References (1 Like) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Does anyone have any recommendations on learning resources to learn about SEO?

I am looking at getting a better understanding of the process.

Thanks
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
763 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Hey andy, the source I follow is ranking academy,
https://www.youtube.com/c/RankingacademyUk

If You're going to focus on seo as a main part of customer acquisition,
it might be worth consulting with a professional though.

Also you want to make sure your website is good enough to convert,
not just rank.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Thanks for the link Fedora. I took a look and ended up downloading one of the SEO cheatsheets for SEO.
Much appreciated.
Magic guy in Perth Australia
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Thank you! I'll look into it.
ezystreamlive
View Profile
New user
Australia
35 Posts

Profile of ezystreamlive
If you have a wordpress website you can download SEO plugins that will help you SEO each page I use yoast but there are others.

Fedora is correct its not enough to get people to your site you have to convert once you get them there. look into adwords as well on google - customers can be lazy they don't go to page 2 so while it will take a while to organically get to the top of page 1 you'll still be beaten by the adwords which will get all the clicks

if you go the adwords route - your site needs to convert - if you do adwords its recommended you hire a pro- that can be an extreme money pit if you set it up wrong and theres a lot of confusing options.
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
823 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Thank you for the info.
MikeClay
View Profile
Special user
Atlanta GA
761 Posts

Profile of MikeClay
You might not need SEO...

It's not a silver bullet.

Let me explain.

You need a few things to make a website shine and generate business.
So let me break things down and try to help point you in the right direction to learn how to implement.

The biggest problem is SEO is a BIG umbrella and there is more MISINFORMATION than information, and just because some newbie SEO tech is ranking something somewhere their tactics might not work for YOU.

Why, because SEO isn't an A-Z series of things to do. It is an Analysis and Adjusted system of BALANCE. You base what YOU DO off of the MARKET you are targeting.

With that said SEMRUSH has good overall training and their tool is one you should look at.
https://www.semrush.com/academy/ (technical SEO)

But SEO is about traffic. You need to convert.
So you should focus on LANDING PAGE OPTIMIZATION BEFORE SEO
https://meclabs.com/course/blueprint/

MecLabs is the OG in Analysis and testing. They have been around since before I started in the industry (I started building business sites in 1992 on GeoCities)

Feel free to reach out. I am no longer a full-time entertainer (arthritis made me stop taking gigs), but I love the industry and don't mind helping where I can.
its ok.. balloon dogs don't bite