The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Contact Management software for Magicians (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
spcarlson
View Profile
Veteran user
Minneapolis MN
369 Posts

Profile of spcarlson
Contact Management software for Magicians

I am trying to make the move to better client data management. There are numerous software programs out there catering to many different professions.

Any one out there have any good success with a particular program that lends its self well to our profession?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Steven
Legendary Creations

from Merlin to Marilyn

www.MagicalArtCreations.com

www.StevenPaulCarlson.com
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
Most of the CRMs for entertainers lack integrations necessary to give you true analytics and business insights (lead scoring, behavior based automations, etc.).

I've used everything from insightly, Zoho, Microsoft Dynamics and on and on. I've finally settled on ActiveCampaign. It's the only tool that combines email marketing, CRM, and automation and I've had incredible results.

Hope that helps.

Josh London
Josh
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Some of you may recall a well-respected CRM tool called ShowBiz. Now, Michael Carducci, has revised and morphed this tool into the newly launched Mago Talent CRM Booking system for Professional Performers. It too, incorporates email marketing and automations into its many practical booking functions. As a beta-tester for Mago-Talent for the last 4-5months, I can honestly say that this is an exciting, effective and user-friendly booking tool that will make your inputting of valuable prospect, client and follow-up data a breeze.It's actually fun to use (and addictive!).
And with template letters, that can be easily customized and sent out to your prospects while you sleep, on pre-set launch dates, you can leverage results exponentially.
I encourage you to check it out asap, as you can sign up now with a special guaranteed 100 % percent refund offer f it does not meet your needs or expectations.
However, I genuinely believe that serious performers that book their own shows will try out this new automated booking system and never look back! Smile
Just click on the link below and check out the "Learn More" tab at the top of the page, and you are off to the races!
https://mago.co/Account/Register?afmc=1o

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I realize that the may sound like a plug (and in a way, it is), but since I am a very strong believer in the power and user-friendliness of Mago Talent CRM software, I cannot resit posting my accolades, once again. The fact that it is a CRM software designed specifically for entertainers by an entertainer (who is also a top-notch programmer/coder), means a lot to me (and all the other Mago subscribers). As fellow Magic Café members know, that have followed this thread, I have been using Mago Talent Booking system daily for more that 6 months now, and I continue to find it extremely robust --able be used not only on my desktop PC, but also at Starbucks (on my iPad) and on-the-go in my car en route to and from gigs (on Smartphone). Most importantly, for my needs,it has the ability to generate automatic responses/templates that are personalized and targeted (and sent out) in a timely manner. In addition to it serving as my primary Contact database, I also like its in-house calendar and tracking system for leads, gigs, and emails, as well as its ability to send customized price quotes and so much more. There are also webinars and veery clear video tutorials offered for added support. And the creator of this Gig-Booking tool, Michael Carducci, along with his tech support team, are tweaking it almost daily (based on the real-time feedback and needs of its subscribers, with new and even more practical features soon to come. There is even an online Q & A Discussion forum set up for subscribers to assist one another. Although certainly not for everyone, if you are seriously considering investing in an online CRM system built specifically for entertainers, I genuinely believe it is worthwhile to check this one out before finalizing your decision: ...just my 3 cents. Smile http://mago.co/Account/Register?afmc=1o
Jonathan
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Delightful news...
Mago Talent’s CRM Booking system has a new landing page that highlights its superb features and benefits:
http://mago.co/about?afmc=1o 👍✨

Click here to view attached image.
Jonathan
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Wouldn't almost any contact software, provide the magician with all he needs? That's all I have ever used. Am I missing something?
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
Indeed, other CRM softwares can help with the basics and serve to keep an entertainer’s contact list all in one place with related details on the client attached to the client file. But Mago is a. CRM software designed by an entertainer (Michael Carducci) for entertainers. It’s proven to be logical, user-friendly robust and effective. For myself (and many others) this makes a huge difference. Not only does it offer an integrated calander to get you out he door and a pop-up map to take you to your gig, but also: automated template response letters that can easily be customized, with ability to drip schedule your messages to clients to go out on specific dates/times, and an eblast service that greatly minimizes your messages to clients to be mistakenly filtered out as spam, with automatic follow-up check-ins with potential clients —those that did not book, scheduled to go out 10 or 11 months later —just before the child’s or company’s next celebration rolls around. This results in a whole new income stream from gigs that may have been lost forever. Mago offers ongoing (and excellent) tech support, and a “closed” online forum group of fellow Mago subscribers that encourages fellow performers to help one another in their efforts to reach their target markets using the Mago Talent softwere, and also to suggest to the creator of Mago to make further improvements that will meet their growing prospecting and client management needs, and thecever-evolving changes in digital communications. Plus the series of clear tutorials that are accessible once you subscribe that explain how to set up and use ithis wonderful software to its full capacity, are superb. And so much more. Have a look at the promo video dmd the features snd benefit tabs and see more ways that the ever-evolving Mago Talent software can serve the many needs of a busy professional entertainer: http://mago.co/about?afmc=1o Smile
Jonathan
Senor Fabuloso
View Profile
Inner circle
1243 Posts

Profile of Senor Fabuloso
Excellent! I'll be sure to check it out.
No matter how many times you say the wrong thing, it will NEVER be right.

If I'm not responding to you? It's because you're a TROLL!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2078 Posts

Profile of jlevey
The last time I posted about my favorite CRM Software booking system, Mago, for entertainers was way back in 2019, pre-COVID: http://mago.co/about?afmc=1o
For the past may years I have happily used (and continue to use) the Mago CRM as my daily go-to CRM booking software. The developer of this wonderful software is also a highly skilled fellow-magician (and fellow Café member) Michael Carducci. Mago is so user friendly and offers customized automation. In addition, the main fields and dropdown fields are so easily customizable. It also ensures that I do timely follow-ups, and so much more.The world has admittedly changed since the cloud of COVID came upon us, and it's been an incredible challenge for many of us to hang in there. Thankfully the technology was there and many of us(although not all) were able to successfully pivot by offering our much needed entertainment services over the Zoom, Teams or other Virtual platforms. Now as we (hopefully) emerge from Covid and resume our in-person shows and continue (for some of us) to perform our virtual shows, the Mago booking system IMHO continues to serve and evolve.
Because I so readily recommend Mago I have an affiliate link, which all subscribers are entitled to. If you are not familiar with Mago, you are encouraged to check it out at: http://mago.co/about?afmc=1o Should you have any questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM, or send a PM over to Mago developer and innovator, Michael Carducci.
Jonathan