The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Insurance (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
I have been doing magic for over 30 years now, mostly birthday parties and company parties. In years past I have done several illusion shows and now more than ever. My situation is different from most as I own and opperate a magic store. My insurance covered my store and liability for what I had been doing both on and off premises. Now that I travel more than just adjoining to states my insurance company says that they can not cover me?? I'm sure that there is a company out there that does this type of coverage but I'm looking for anyone that has experience with one as far as premiums, claims and such. Thanks for any info you can give.
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
I think the I.B.M. (and perhaps S.A.M as well) offers liability insurance for its members.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Kent Messmer
View Profile
Veteran user
Montana
337 Posts

Profile of Kent Messmer
The liabiltiy isn't the problem. It is my gear on the road. I haven't had a problem yet but if my trailer was stolen or broken into I would need to replace asap to keep a tour going. That is the problem most insurance co's have, that is, quick replacement of items. i.e. overnight ect.