The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Items to put in a Press Kit (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
Just wondering what items would you include in a press kit. Does anyone have any tips on a effective press kit?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
A Press Kit today can mean several different things. A true Press Kit is designed for for the Press Media (newspapers, radio and television news, producers, etc.). However the common use of Press Kit today means a Promotional Kit or Promotional Package. This usually entails a solid one-sheet, bio, photo, DVD demo, and perhaps some testimonials, past clients and references either on it's own page or contained within the bio or one-sheet. If this package is intended for agency use there should be no contact info on the materials themselves (called agent-friendly promo) so this can be offered to their clients with the agencies contact info added/included. You can include your contact info on the accompanying cover letter to the agency so they can contact you.

A true Press Kit intended for the media should be focused around a press release and should also include a bio, photo, (stock video footage if intended for television), and your contact info for them to contact you for an interview or further information. Some may also include stock interview questions as well.

This is the quick answer to your question. Based on your intended recipient and use, there can be some additions and variables too. I hope this helps, good luck.
Countage
View Profile
Veteran user
Charlotte
361 Posts

Profile of Countage
I need to send a press kit to an entertainment agency.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
I have an introduction, client list, description of strolling/stage performance, description of a mentalism performance, and a bio. Everything is in a pdf that I can email and above all, I send them a link to my demo with a few links of video testimonials. The demo and testimonials are what really sway people into hiring you.

You can take a look at my website and to the right, there is a link you can click on that will download my promo packet so you can take a look at it.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
From what I've learned this semester (as a PR student) is basically what the people above have is correct. But, it is also important to note that not all press kits are necessarily set up the same way. They have no specific content and organization. However, the guidelines above are exactly what makes a press kit looking good, work as a sales tool, and work as an informational tool. The last step is to put it all together in a personalized way.