The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Sea Sick? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
I’ve only gotten seasick once. And it was baaaad! On only my third gig out, the stage was at the front of the ship, and we were caught in a "mini tsunami!" As soon as the audience started clapping after my very last trick, I ran offstage (I don’t even think I had time enough to bow) and barely made it to the bathroom! I had plenty of time to bow in one of the backstage latrines! I remember rocking for a good three days after I stepped back on land! I think "green around the gills" and the following icon says it best: Smile

Mike

The Magical Mayhem of Mike Giusti

http://www.magicalmayhem.com
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I know how you feel Mike.

When I was in the Navy, an old timer told me that a trick that always worked for him was to eat something small like an apple or something before going on board.

It seemed to work pretty well, though once you hit a major storm..... Smile
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
The problem with me is that I am prone to motion sickness itself because of problems with my inner ears. I am prone to ear infections constantly and even have problems hearing out of my left ear.

I think Dorian also has the same problem, but in his right ear.

Weeeeerd! Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3784 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
I can understand the ear thing. I had a really bad inner ear infection once, I think the feeling was much worse then being sea sick.

Everything kept going around and around and around and...ooh..I better stop while I’m ahead...oh.. Smile

Life is not a problem to be solved...

but a mystery to be lived.
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
The performance I spoke of is actually caught on tape -- I can't believe how good (please excuse the ego thing) the performance turned out considering I felt like poo-poo!

I didn't watch it for the longest time, but when I finally did, it was great except for me running offstage! I think everyone thought it was part of the act...
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
What?

Smile Nope no ear problems here. Not that I know of anyway. I think you’re confusing the ear thing with my brain damage Smile
Mike Giusti
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of Mike Giusti
Er, Dorian, that's Drain Bamage. Smile