The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Close-up job opportunities?¿? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
martinjmac
View Profile
New user
Georgia
35 Posts

Profile of martinjmac
Hi,
I like to do close up magic such as Cups and Balls, Chop Cup, Coin, Card, other close-up tricks.

I was wondering what kind of jobs are out there for a close-up magician?

I also would like to know if I should go to any workshops or lectures on close-up magic to improve my skills and if so which ones would be good?
:thehat:
Thanks
-Martin-
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
There are many job opportunities available for the modern day close-up magician. Pizza delivery man, ditch digger guy, Wal-Mart greeter... etc. Smile

Seriously though, there are many venues that you can find to practice your craft. Consider restaurants who host a kids night.

Companies nationwide are always having appreciation banquets for their employees. Strolling magic in this type of atmosphere would be welcomed before and during the dinner or cocktail hour.

And then there are trade shows, but these types of engagements are usually gobbled up by full time pros with many years of experience under their belts. But hey, it's certainly a goal for you to work towards!

Best of luck to you!

Lyndel