The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Any Fly on Entertainers? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Profile of The Village Idiots
Wally and I have been working for Carnival Cruise line since November. I was wondering if there are any other "fly on" entertainers on this panel?

I would sure love to talk shop if so. Very interesting job we have here.

Sillily, Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Some have idiocy thrust upon them.
Dabek
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
142 Posts

Profile of Dabek
I haven't done any fly-on work, but it seems much better than spending long seasons on one ship.

What sort of act (size) are you doing and how long do you do?

I am eager to know more of this sort of work.

Magical Regards,

Paul Dabek
Smile
Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
what's a fly-on entertainer?
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

Fly-on entertainers do just that. We fly to meet the ship in a port, sail the cruise, then get off in the home port and fly home for a few days.

Most of the guys are light travelers. Cards, balloons, a spring animal. Mostly they do stand up comedy and they do it very well.

Me and my partner have a special situation. We were able to drive to Miami and load the ship with all of our gear and now we just fly out of our home here in Orlando. We don't even check luggage. Carry on only. that's nice.

It is better than living on a ship in some ways and it has it's drawbacks in others.

Sillily, Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

Salazar Magic
View Profile
Veteran user
New Jersey
344 Posts

Profile of Salazar Magic
Wait, other than flying on, doing the show, and going home... what's the other option?
The Village Idiots
View Profile
Elite user
Orlando
464 Posts

The majority of the cruise lines want you to live on the ship for a 2 week or 3 month or 6 month contract.

There is something to be said of both Fly-on and Live-in.

And let me tell you there is a major change of lifestyle. I can't think of anything like it. Good and bad. Not for everyone. I was warned by educated people on this board.

Thanks gang,
Will
Some are born idiots.

Some are made idiots.

RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1989 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
In the meantime, I trust you guys are having a great time. Wishing you the very best and may you always be a big hit with passengers.

Randy Stewart