The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Ripe Peaches (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Davro
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
319 Posts

Profile of Davro
My wife went to the greengrocers yesterday and asked the owner for a couple of ripe peaches ( hang on guys, there is a point to this ) he took quite a while sorting through the box of fruit to find a couple that were to his liking. In fact he took so much trouble over just a couple of peaches, that my wife says that she will definitley go back next time.
I started wondering what I could offer my customers to elicit that response, any ideas?

Best Wishes, David
Best Wishes, David
<BR>
<BR>Mid way this way of life we're bound upon, I woke to find myself in a dark wood, where the right road was wholly lost and gone.
Colin Gilbert
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Colin Gilbert
Give up magic and buy a greengrocers.
Davro
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
319 Posts

Profile of Davro
Thanks mate!!!!
Best Wishes, David
<BR>
<BR>Mid way this way of life we're bound upon, I woke to find myself in a dark wood, where the right road was wholly lost and gone.
Mercury52
View Profile
Inner circle
Kevin Reylek
2249 Posts

Profile of Mercury52
If it's ultimate customer satisfaction you're after, perhaps you could offer a money-back program if the customer isn't completely satisfied?

I can't imagine picking through every deck you have to make sure it's the perfect one for your show, even borders, etc.

I guess just "going through the trouble" as you noticed with the grocer. If your clients see that you're making every effort to make them happy, regardless of what exactly it is you're doing, be it giveaways, etc, they'll remember.

Maybe what I'm saying is that there may not be any "one size fits all" solution.

Kevin
Kevin Reylek
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7568 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Quote:
On 2006-08-16 16:48, David Lancaster wrote:
I started wondering what I could offer my customers to elicit that response, any ideas?

Outstanding customer service can be reflected in many facets, beyond doing a high quality show. It's all about building trust.

Being prompt in returning phone calls, professional in answering the phone, sending paperwork immediately, great communication with the customer, showing up on time (or early), being dressed (costumed) professionally, being friendly, being self-contained / avoid being too demanding, performing a great show, making sure the customer feels some praise / gratitude from the guests, giving gifts to show your appreciation for their business, sending thank you cards, asking the customer if they were happy (and being prepared to make things right if they weren't), etc.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Colin Gilbert
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Colin Gilbert
Being prompt in returning phone calls, professional in answering the phone, sending paperwork immediately, great communication with the customer, showing up on time (or early), being dressed (costumed) professionally, being friendly, being self-contained / avoid being too demanding, performing a great show, making sure the customer feels some praise / gratitude from the guests, giving gifts to show your appreciation for their business, sending thank you cards, asking the customer if they were happy (and being prepared to make things right if they weren't), etc

And if you've got time after all that, try showing them a trick or two.