The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Discounts (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Wayne M
View Profile
New user
Bucks
24 Posts

Profile of Wayne M
I bet that subject got a lot of you interested. All I wanted to know was if any of you recieved a discount from your magic supplier.

Please note that I am not asking how much and where from (but if you want to share that info please do)

If none of you do already recieve discount would you like to and do you think it would help you
Colin Gilbert
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of Colin Gilbert
Quote [If none of you do already recieve discount would you like to and do you think it would help you]

Would I like to receive a discount...?

Would receiving a discount help me...?

I'll have to think about this one.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
In my experience, discounts are not always available from magic shops. However, many wholesalers will sell directly to volume users. Those are retailers, jobbers, manufacturers, and truly professional magicians. This is more true of consumables: cards, silks, balloons, flash and paper products. Custom made major props don't usually get discounted but extras get built in. It is a question of what the "borrowed image" is worth from the magician. That is not always of any value. Some professional magicians even want their sources protected and are more than will to pay full price.

Doing business with retailers who stock the items you need and help you get the most from the props you buy is normally just good business. (Remember that the magic shop is in the phone book. They will get calls for gigs that you won't. That relationship can be very valuable when cultivated.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com