The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Peak season pricing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10615 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2013-08-03 20:32, Ken Northridge wrote:
I can’t imagine how boring life would be if we all agreed on everything.

You are right, but it could be very productive in progressing and advancing things if we all agreed. All of the arguing, and positioning would be gone, therefore everyone would have to focus on actual forward movement, advancement and production. It'll never happen, but to me it could be cool to see everyone put their thoughts and efforts into this rather than preferences and semantics.
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1102 Posts

Profile of Nash
Not neccessarily more but I know a couple of my friends go with a flat rate instead of hourly rate for peak seasons ex. First 2 weeks of Dec.
I teach leaders the magic of curiosity and empathetic communication. keynote Speaker | Seattle magician
bishthemagish
View Profile
Inner circle
6013 Posts

Profile of bishthemagish
Me I charge what I charge. It has never been a seasonal rate to charge with me. I charge what I feel my service is worth. Note I did not say what I think my show is worth. I deliver a service - the show is only a small part of that service.

I also feel that magicians that charge and then don't deliver the service in a professional way. Well, this is what I feel is part of the problem whenever I do a show in certain seasons. I have yet to do a season (anytime) when I do a show (Christmas, Halloween, etc.) where I get one or more clients that felt that they were over charged by a magician that was at that gig last year and they according to the client were not professional. I could run down a list of stuff - they could not control the kids etc.

There is in my opinion a thing that the client gets "value" with the service being sold and it is being sold to them. I want my clients to feel that the value that they got for my service is way, way greater than the price that it cost them.

I hope this helps.
Glenn Bishop Cardician

Producer of the DVD Punch Deal Pro

Publisher of Glenn Bishop's Ace Cutting And Block Transfer Triumphs
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Glenn nails it. MANY things go into "value" you provide.

The show is part but as he said there exists an entire laundry list of things that are important.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Danny,

Just to clarify my justification for Higher Fees during Peak Season. During Halloween and Christmas I perform a much larger show with an Assistant and I do 3 Big Illusions in the show that are not performed at any other time of the year. My costs are way higher to produce a larger show w/Illusions and an Assistant. Plus during both Halloween and Christmas all the Children go home with a Copy of my BOR Book, My Funny Money w/Props, and a Temporary Tattoo. So as you can see my cost goes up quite a bit to justify my fee. And my Clients love that all the Children go home with something. And BOTH of my Shows are Custom Tailored for Halloween and Christmas. I just do not throw in effects and call it a Christmas/Halloween Show. It is a Highly sought after show that no one near me performs. Basically I end up with my regular fee but due to the Large Illusions, Assistant and the FREE items that are given to the children that makes it so that nothing extra is coming out of my pocket. Would I or do I perform a Normal Show for either Halloween or Christmas, yes I would and it would be my normal fee but nothing extra would be included and it would not be a Themed Show with Goodies for the Children. And I have yet to be asked just to perform my Regular Show. Another thing I add are Full Color Flyers 8.5 x 11 and I will include up to 50 for each Client so that they can be distributed around town. If they need more I let them just make copies themselves. So I hope this sums up why I charge a Higher Fee for the peak season. I add a lot more value to the show and more value is added for my clients.

Rodney
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21282 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So you are selling a different product.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Good to have a cameo appearance price. Show up, 1-2 illusions and autographs afterwards. Smile