The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Payments (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21286 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quite often large corporations simply do not work that way.

As a matter of fact they work on a “net 30” . Which means simply you wait for your money. Honestly you look more desperate demanding money up front.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Fedora
View Profile
Special user
Arizona, usa
763 Posts

Profile of Fedora
Quote:
On Apr 15, 2023, Dannydoyle wrote:
Quite often large corporations simply do not work that way.

As a matter of fact they work on a “net 30” . Which means simply you wait for your money. Honestly you look more desperate demanding money up front.

I wonder if investigative mentalist meant that he invoices upon booking with a contract effective date of the time of payment,
seems like asking a company to pay an invoice immediately is likely to cause a number of problems.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21286 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well that is the issue with only working a handful of shows. Experience matters.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2023, Investigative Mentalist wrote:
I encourage all my magic and mentalist friends to ask for 100% of your performance fee upfront and nonrefundable!

I'm glad your system works for you. I even admire it. But I'm not sure why you 'encourage' others to adopt your system. There is more than one way to run a successful business.

Btw, Square is my preferred method of taking payments also, after cash of course. Come to think of it, there is another disadvantage of your system. You will never receive a cash payment. Maybe not so much for large businesses, but I find a good percentage of my private parties prefer to pay cash.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3170 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
As a business, I have paid contractors a percentage of the materials cost upfront. But to pay the total amount upfront before even starting a job just doesn’t happen.

The way I see it, anytime you ask a business to do business outside ‘their’ standard practices it sends up a red flag.

You can always add a late payment penalty in the paperwork and make it worth your time on the slow payments.

But most people will pay on time. And if you do have a no-pay once in a blue moon, that's just the cost of doing business.

Tom