The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Entertainment CRM (11 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
I would avoid giggio if you're in the U.S., just because the field titles (ie, "Surname" etc.) are not changeable. This means your form will have British spellings and words that aren't used here in the U.S. (If you're talking about using it in the U.S.) They also have no support or contact info listed on their website! I couldn't find a way to contact anyone for support questions, tutorials, etc.

I recommend avoiding the Amazing System. I've heard way too many complaints about it, and I've got some concerns myself about it.

Showbiz is okay, I'm just in the process of getting it setup. CloseUpDave has a good point though, the web form designer is terrible, Giggio's is much better. Showbiz makes it very, very difficult to put a form on your website, whereas Giggio is much easier.

Hope that helps! I'll keep you posted as I work through things.

Kevin
tacrowl
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1633 Posts

Profile of tacrowl
Kevin -
I've been an Amazing System user for years. Every problem I've ever encountered, David went above and beyond to help. Not sure what you have heard, but I like the product, it's capabilities and the customer service.
Tom
Tom Crowl - Comedy Ventriloquist

ComedyVentriloquist.com

Learn-Ventriloquism.com

Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Granted, it depends on the theme you use. I invested the money to have a good wordpress theme installed that has good styling that the form adopts. However, it's still not what I would like it to be given the other info I mentioned. If anyone has any specific questions on wordpress and the forms, please PM me
Darren Kidby
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
291 Posts

Profile of Darren Kidby
I use Giggio, have done for a long time now, it is a great system and the support is second to non,
I haven't really had any problems but if there is something I don't understand or can't do I just email and
Have always had a reply within the hour if not minutes, I highly recommend Giggio.
mrowland
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of mrowland
Hi Kevin,

I own Giggio, and we are happy to be contacted. Although we don't offer telephone support, there is a link to contact us on the signup page. Also, when you take a trial, the activation email contains our support email address, and a link to the tutorials section of our site. During the trial you also get several emails from us explaining various features. Nearly all of them end with an offer to contact support if you need any help (or you could simply reply to any of these emails.)

Regarding payments, we do not take any payment information in order to start a trial, so you cannot be charged unless you subscribe via PayPal. I can guarantee that if you have taken a trial and do not signup for a subscription, you definitely will not be charged when the trial expires. You do not need to cancel a trial in order to not be charged.

If anyone has any questions, you can contact info@giggio.co.uk and we'll be happy to help.

Martyn
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
I've tried a fair few CRMs and found Giggio to be the best of what I've tried. I found it very easy to set up (some of the others were shockingly hard) and I wouldn't know what to do without it.

I checked giggio.co.uk and when going to sign up on their site, a link to contact them is on the lower right.

I strongly suggest if you're considering a few different platforms, sign up to giggio and use their 30 day free trial.
Lee Smith
View Profile
Elite user
420 Posts

Profile of Lee Smith
I use Giggio, it's brilliant.

I cannot fault it in anyway. It's easy to use and does exactly what it says it does. Never had any problems and will continue to use it.

Giggio has become an asset to my business.

Highly recommend you all start using it. Great idea and It has my highest praise.

Lee.
www.walkaboutmagic.com
www.facebook.com/walkaboutmagic
Effects.
STEP SYSTEM vol 1&2, iCandy, iPhone 10, strike 2.2 and lecture notes. All available on my site.
paulyjr
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of paulyjr
I took time before using Giggio as I had my own system, but after many other associates telling me how good Giggio was I took on the free monthly trial in the knowledge I could cancel. I never cancelled and have continued using giggio and paying the monthly fee happily. In fact the more I use giggio the better and easier it becomes as I have built up a database of regular clients. It is easy for me to send a contract which c,an be conformed online followed by an invoice. The service has a Facebook private page for ideas and suggestions which Martyn engages with and continues to update and improve the service. As a busy working professional in London there is no consideration as to the value of this product for me. I highly recommend it. There is nothing to lose.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On Mar 12, 2014, paulyjr wrote:
I took time before using Giggio as I had my own system, but after many other associates telling me how good Giggio was I took on the free monthly trial in the knowledge I could cancel. I never cancelled and have continued using giggio and paying the monthly fee happily. In fact the more I use giggio the better and easier it becomes as I have built up a database of regular clients. It is easy for me to send a contract which c,an be conformed online followed by an invoice. The service has a Facebook private page for ideas and suggestions which Martyn engages with and continues to update and improve the service. As a busy working professional in London there is no consideration as to the value of this product for me. I highly recommend it. There is nothing to lose.

Paul,

The website wasn't very specific in features. I'm curious, is there a feature for email lists, email blasts, or sequenced auto responders for certain email lists?
TomLondon
View Profile
New user
London, England
2 Posts

Profile of TomLondon
I had an issue a year ago when I was receiving large numbers of inquiries every day, some whilst on a gig. I needed a CRM that would allow me to manage my inquiries and send out quotes and booking forms without the need of a keyboard, whilst on the go. When I found Giggio my workflow dramatically improved, I was chasing leads and instantly responding to inquires from the Giggio inquiry form at home and on my mobile.

I have tried them all, Sales force, Zoho you name it. If you want a CRM BUILT FOR magicians, that is tailored to do everything you need to do as a working, professional magician, then don't waste your time trying other solutions, just get Giggio. You will earn more money by correctly chasing leads and your efforts will be stress free.

This bit of advice from me you get for free Magic Café Smile
I had a large volume of inquiries and bookings forms to be entered into Giggio, and whilst on the go gigging I have no time to enter booking details into any CRM, let alone Giggio. So, I hired a Virtual PA from Canada using oDesk. If a client wants to go ahead after I send a quote, I send them a booking form. Once they send it back, I forward it to my virtual PA, who then enters all of the event and contact information into Giggio, sends the contract and invoice, then chases them up for me! All for less than $10 a week! Even better still, she adds the event using Giggios built in 'Add to google calender' to my calender, so I have all the information on my iPhone Calender with no need to go online to look at event details.

So yes, I sit back and do what I do best, marketing my brand and performing for my clients, while my PA and Giggio handle all the nasty booking forms, details, and scheduling.

If you want to be a busy, working magician with zero stress and admin work, get Giggio and maybe even a virtual PA. You'll look slick and professional with the online booking confirmations and tailored invoice and contract too.

You'll thank me for it!
Tom London
Tom London M.M.C (Member of The Magic Circle)
Professional Close-Up magician based in London,UK.
http://www.magiciantomlondon.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
The compare chart tells a lot: http://www.showbizcrm.com/index.php/what-itis/features Is there anything it is not mentioning?
magicmarcuk
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of magicmarcuk
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2014, Dynamike wrote:
The compare chart tells a lot: http://www.showbizcrm.com/index.php/what-itis/features Is there anything it is not mentioning?

Dynamike - I've never used showbizcrm so I won't comment on their product. However in general I find feature charts are often written with bias and they sometimes miss out how well features are implemented, or how useful they actually are. If two systems both have green ticks for a feature, it doesn't mean they both do it well, nor if its easy to use.

For example, having a feature called "All in one dashboard" to me just seems as if they're trying to get more ticks for their own system. An "all in one dashboard" might not be as useful as having functions separated out by page. In fact, it could easily be worse. Either way, a green tick here isn't saying much.

My vote is definitely with Giggio. It does everything I need and more, and I'm glad I gave their free trial a go as I can't go back.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
I've got to say that this has become an extremely useful thread and its longevity is proving there is some great info here. I've been reading about many of these services and for me, the most interesting benefit is finding out how other people have built their own workflow.

For example, the online form for prospects to contact you. I guess I was just old school and thought a phone number was the most important way for them to contact me. That, followed closely by social media. We all have our own methods and this is great hearing everyone's experiences.

My question is this: what sort of percentage of your contacts do you guys get with the forms through these services v. personal contact (email/phone/etc)?

Second, for prospects that call or contact you outside of the form, do you jot down the info and enter it during the call or do you enter it in once you get back to your office or (if you are in the office) after you hang up? I can see both having their advantage.

I can definitely see the advantage of these multiple services and its awesome we are at a point where there are several services competing for our attention. That just means more services, features, and robustness for entertainers.

Best regards,
Scott
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On Mar 13, 2014, ScottRSullivan wrote:

For example, the online form for prospects to contact you. I guess I was just old school and thought a phone number was the most important way for them to contact me.

It is not just you. I remember when websites were getting popular. I received a call from a guy telling me he can make me one for $3,000. I thought the Yellow Pages was always going to be my number one way of marketing. Now I no longer use the Yellow Pages.
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Giggio is great for UK-based performers (as shown by the reviews in this thread). You can't change field names like "surname" to "last name," so it's really not as useful here in the U.S. If, one day, they make it customizeable, and they have a contact button, and support forum links on the website, it might be a great alternative to ShowBiz or some of the other CRMs.
ScottRSullivan
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of ScottRSullivan
I never understood the last name/surname issue.

After all, it's pretty easy for a developer to parse the one line name into first and last names. I did exactly this in my own iphone app so people don't have to fill out an extra line in a form. My thought was I put a little more effort into coding it so the username a better experience. (That said, my little app pales in feature comparison to these other services.)

Anyway, I'll have to check it Giggio to see what it's about. Thanks!

Best regards,
Scott
VIEW
View Profile
Special user
687 Posts

Profile of VIEW
Hi everyone;

I have a question that hasn't been answered. I need some crm software for my PA - but I want to track all leads, that is to say - those that convert into sales, and also those that don't. Can I ask, which of the pieces of software mentioned do this?

I know daylite, salesforce etc do this well.

But from the entertainers crop - is there a way to track the leads, whether they converted or not, and if they failed, precisely why? At the end of the year I'd like to be able to run a report to see why prospects are saying 'no'.

thanks!
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I am almost finished with ShowbizCRM.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2955 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
View,

Showbiz is able to classify which leads were won, which were lost. You can add notes to each contact or gig.

The "conversion" portion is a bit odd to me with showbiz, because the software itself doesn't account for all of the possible reasons someone can say no or yes. And, and what part of the sales process it happens. You can look at it by a case by case basis.

You can assign automation to those lost prospects, and assign them to certain target groups so that they're listed together. It's very easy to add another user to the software so they can look at the data as well.

Personally I believe it takes a bit more than software to understand why someone says no.

It's six weeks free and worth a shot.

PS. If you plan on trying showbiz out, please use the coupon code david1 so I can get the referal credit Smile I'm also happy to answer any PMs regarding this software. I highly recommend it
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Why someone says 'no"? You shouldn't need software to tell you this.