The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Tricky business :: Gigsalad? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks for postings on tis Dan. They may be going with the cheapest entertainer they can find and bottom feeders abound where I live.

"Yes maam, let me ask you first, are you looking for the cheapest entertainer you can find or quality entertainment?"
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Profile of NexusMagicShop
Just a suggestion, if want more attention to get Gigs whether you are on Gig Salad or Gig Masters. First off, you can't rely totally on them to direct traffic to your Gig Page. If you place a link to your page from other pages then you will get more attention, and rank higher in the search engine rankings. The more other sites you have directing to your gig page the more attention it will get. Thus, The more gigs you will book.

Those of you that live in Big cities and have lots of competition may actually get more traffic, and gigs. Simply, because people arrive maybe even through a competitors page, and drift to yours and actually book you. However, the reverse actually happens too.

I used to Market and promote Vacation Rentals and believe me, with sites like this people drift once they arrive. This is why people in small towns should consider building a one page site for just booking gigs. It will cost around 150.00 to have one, done and all you need to do again is link to it from other websites to increase attention. Trust me it's less then investing in premium placement on one of these other sites. Small cost to pay and it's worth every penny by the individual attention you will get. If you need further advice just PM me happy to assist.
Jason of BackroomMagic
www.BackroomMagic.com/| Mobile friendly magic forums and blogs
www.twitter.com/Nexusmagicstore
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Thanks Jason, I have about 6 or so websites, three primary ones (others free with paid domain names). Plus I am on Gig Masters (4 more months) and a few others. I am on the first page for the 7th largest city in USA. Still I find I am not getting the good leads I think I should be getting. I know there is a lot more to this but lately Im getting only price shoppers and few of them.
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I booked a show last week through Gig Salad I think because I responded quickly after the lead was sent to me. Then, just yesterday, I received a lead for a children's birthday party show scheduled for November 2012! The date was for a Tuesday in November. I bid on it, but with that date, the lead is kinda suspect. My listing is the "free" listing

Charlie
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-09-28 00:02, Decomposed wrote:
Thanks Jason, I have about 6 or so websites, three primary ones (others free with paid domain names). Plus I am on Gig Masters (4 more months) and a few others. I am on the first page for the 7th largest city in USA. Still I find I am not getting the good leads I think I should be getting. I know there is a lot more to this but lately Im getting only price shoppers and few of them.

Do you link to your Gig Site from your 6 or so websites? If not, then consider it. It places more importance on your Gig page in the eyes of the search engines. Also, make sure that the content on your 6 or so sites is unique and rich before you link to your gig site. The higher your six or sites rank the better importance placed on your outgoing links. And the opposite is true, if your ranking is less then the Gig site it can actually harm your search engine ranking. Example: My site is a Page rank 4 almost a 5 out of 10. To bring further attention to my site I want back links 4 or above. Anything lower then a 4 may actually harm my ranking.

If you are unsure what your page rank is. There is free page rank checkers online just Google it.
Jason of BackroomMagic
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

One last question to Decomposed: You had said you are Number 1 in the 7th largest City. Under what search term are you number 1? There is a reason I ask. Smile
Jason of BackroomMagic
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Hi Jason,

Google brings me up pretty high in most of my websites that have been established. I do have a few back links but as you pointed out, it could hurt me with some.

I just booked a premimum gig I think through G.M. Customer found my name and googled it, not from G.M. directly.

Thanks for tips, going to check out the checker now.

Decomp
Vick
View Profile
Inner circle
It's taken me 10+ years to make
1120 Posts

Profile of Vick
I've been in touch with Gigsalad, they sent staff to an reputable S.E.O. forum (also I directed Gigsalad to this page, they were interested and concerned). Gigsalad have picked up a little here in the DC/Balto market but it's still mostly children's birthday parties (not my primary market even though I do a few select children's birthday parties from time to time)

According to gigsalad they are up or even in most categories for inquires but down in inquiries for magicians. Maybe they went for the easiest to gain Google ranking with by going for children's birthday parties but I need something a little more substantial. Right now I'm month to month with them for the membership and if it doesn't improve will have to drop them
Unique, Thought Provoking & Amazing Magical Entertainment Experiences
Illusions By Vick
Blog of a real world working magician
Magic would be great, if not for magicians
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yes I have slowed down with Gigsalad also. Smile
iwillfoolu
View Profile
Special user
Upstate NY, USA
746 Posts

Profile of iwillfoolu
I think when my current term is up I will be dropping them. I seem to only get requests from shows that have already contacted me which I have turned down.

Joe
Magician and Balloon Twister
New York Magicians
Magician New York
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Hey fella's some of you may be interested in marketing yourselves through mobile media. I have built an already fast growing Mobile business. Mobile media, and marketing is the future we are all going.

It's been an incredible amount of work, I have clients lined up all types of businesses, and I am happy to say that I will launch officially at the end of this month. I design - set-up - host - integrate & activate within 3 days. With my service you receive a QR-Code (smart phone bar code) as well. With this you can add it the back of your business card, facebook, back of T-shirt or wherever you wish to market. Imagine handing a prospect your card with a Qr code on the back that says scan for a free trick.

They scan it with the camera feature of their phone and they land on your mobile page & learn a trick while being teased by your services. I say teased because all of my mobile pages I have written script into the graphic a click to call action. Meaning on your mobile page there will be a CLICK TO BOOK or CLICK TO CALL button all they do is just tap the screen and your number appears asking if you want to call. In addition I also backlink to your existing website.

---- PM me if any of you are interested in help with Mobile Marketing. The site is http://www.VenueVips.com
For those that don't know what a QR code is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8EpazIwF......embedded
Jason of BackroomMagic
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I had the free listing with them for quite a while, but I have been getting some good leads recently. This weekend, I have three shows booked and one of them was through Gig Salad. I have upgraded with them to the Premier account and will give it a test for the next six months
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2011-10-29 06:57, NexusMagicShop wrote:
Hey fella's some of you may be interested in marketing yourselves through mobile media. I have built an already fast growing Mobile business. Mobile media, and marketing is the future we are all going.

It's been an incredible amount of work, I have clients lined up all types of businesses, and I am happy to say that I will launch officially at the end of this month. I design - set-up - host - integrate & activate within 3 days. With my service you receive a QR-Code (smart phone bar code) as well. With this you can add it the back of your business card, facebook, back of T-shirt or wherever you wish to market. Imagine handing a prospect your card with a Qr code on the back that says scan for a free trick.

They scan it with the camera feature of their phone and they land on your mobile page & learn a trick while being teased by your services. I say teased because all of my mobile pages I have written script into the graphic a click to call action. Meaning on your mobile page there will be a CLICK TO BOOK or CLICK TO CALL button all they do is just tap the screen and your number appears asking if you want to call. In addition I also backlink to your existing website.

---- PM me if any of you are interested in help with Mobile Marketing. The site is http://www.VenueVips.com
For those that don't know what a QR code is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8EpazIwF......embedded

Pretty soon Gig Masters and all the other bookers will be long gone. Technology is growing way to fast. I will just have to rely on word of mouth by then I guess. Smile
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Jason(NexusMagicShop),

That was an outstanding post! One in which I will be PMing you soon to glean more of your thoughts. I'm not sure what it has to do with Gigsalad, other than what Decomposed said, there will be no need for Gigsalad and the like with this new technology. I often wonder how agents still stay in business. Doesn't google render them useless?

Thank you for sharing that Jason.
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Event planners I can tell you are doing poorly. I use to get calls regularly from them. And its not the pricing, its just the business is very slow for them. There are so many other ways to get entertainers these days.

Decomp
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-10-30 06:28, Ken Northridge wrote:
Jason(NexusMagicShop),

That was an outstanding post! One in which I will be PMing you soon to glean more of your thoughts. I'm not sure what it has to do with Gigsalad, other than what Decomposed said, there will be no need for Gigsalad and the like with this new technology. I often wonder how agents still stay in business. Doesn't google render them useless?

Thank you for sharing that Jason.

No Problem Ken, Sure I'll answer any questions you may have. Yes nothing against Gig sites at all. And, yes technology changes very rapidly. However, QR CODE Technology is going to be around for a very long time, because of it's power and versatility. And Mobile phones are now the leading internet interaction, and it's increasing exponentially. People don't want to zoom and scroll around a regular website to find what they are looking for.

This is why Venue Vips business model is focused around a single custom mobile splash page, a sort of "Business Cliff Notes". A single page that details the strengths of your business or service. Designed to get across to the prospect that they need you. This Mobile Splash page also has coding built in to allow the Mobile user to tap a button on the graphic that says "Click To Call". Instantly the businesses number appears on the clients phone prompting them to call, or be saved for later, No dialing required. If your a business or service that chooses not to receive a call then you can also direct prospects to another website, or email you directly.

Venue Vips create you a personally assigned Q.R. Code. (Quick response code or Smart Phone Bar Code) These codes are your gateway to land your prospects onto your Mobile Page. Most people have QR Code readers on their smart phones already. These card readers are free to download from your apps store, and are activated through your phones camera feature. One of the most popular is called simple enough: "Barcode Scanner". I-Phones, I-Pads, Droids, and Blackberry's all have free code readers for your Smart phones, and I-Devices.

If that's not enough, Venue Vips also Backlink to your created Mobile page, and existing website if you have one. This helps increase the visibility of your existing site in the search engines serps. So in essence we are also an internet directory. A low cost start-up fee includes first month - Design - Set-up - integration - Hosting - Activation & listing in the Mobile Directory.

That's why so much work has been placed into the VenueVips approach. It's current, and a more direct way of marketing yourself in real time. And without being saddled with other entertainers in your field and area. This is where many of us get lost in the shuffle. With Venue, Competition in your field is not visible to the prospect, so your targeted traffic will not drift to another performer. VenueVips is an exclusive and interactive Mobile extension to your business profile. Our members also receive numerous tips on driving targeted traffic. Your mobile page will also become visible in the search engine results as time goes on just like any other type of website.

Thanks for your consideration,
Jason of BackroomMagic
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Yuppers, websites a thing of the past. Close your eyes for a few minutes and there go the high end clientel..

Decomposed Halloween
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2011-10-31 23:17, NexusMagicShop wrote:
If that's not enough, Venue Vips also Backlink to your created Mobile page, and existing website if you have one. This helps increase the visibility of your existing site in the search engines serps. So in essence we are also an internet directory. A low cost start-up fee includes first month - Design - Set-up - integration - Hosting - Activation & listing in the Mobile Directory.

How much is the fee?
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
Quote:
On 2011-11-01 03:32, Decomposed wrote:
Yuppers, websites a thing of the past. Close your eyes for a few minutes and there go the high end clientel..

Wow, that's a pretty bold statement. And one that surprises me even though I try hard to keep up with the technology. Does anyone else share this view?

BTW, I started a thread on QR codes a few months ago that you may be interested in reviewing: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=44
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
NexusMagicShop
View Profile
Elite user
Sunny California
434 Posts

Quote:
On 2011-11-01 04:41, Dynamike wrote:
Quote:
On 2011-10-31 23:17, NexusMagicShop wrote:

How much is the fee?

DynaMike I will be running a special for my Magician friends, on our official launch on Monday. My standard pricing is up on the site now http://www.venuevips.com/advertise.htm - We will offer a significant discount to Café members. I'm having my team create a special page right now for Café members. The link will be posted on Monday.

Thanks for all of your support
Jason of BackroomMagic