The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index :: Our new arrivals :: Andrew in Oregon (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Good to here.
Andrew Morse
View Profile
Regular user
Corvallis, OR
157 Posts

Profile of Andrew Morse
Hi everybody,

My name is Andrew. I'm twenty years old, and studying mechanical engineering at Oregon State University.
I got started in magic six years ago. When I was in eighth grade I did a thirty hour mentorship with a local juggler/magician. He introduced me to the local magic club, and I have been attending the meetings since. I have focused in on close up magic, primarily with cards and coins. I also have some tricks with bills rubber bands and rope in my repertoire. I do a lot of performing for people around my dorm.
I am hoping to start performing in restaurants soon. My technical ability is plenty good, but approaching people still scares me.
I have followed some posts on the Magic Café, but never posted anything.

Thanks for this resource,

Andrew
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Hey, Andrew! Welcome to the Magic Café!

The people in the restaurant are no different from the folks in your dorm. You’d be surprised, they might even be nicer than your friends because they don’t know you. I have fallen in love with a quote from a regular here (a real pro, as well), Mary Mowder said, “Approach the table like you're passing out free cookies.”

If your technical skills are as good as you say they’ll be excited just seeing you come towards their table.

Good luck to you, and again, Welcome!
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
OREGON STATE !!??
even though I live in Eugene and I'm a Duck fan, I Still would like to welcome you to the Café. Since we're not far apart perhaps our paths will cross someday.
Bob.
Andrew Morse
View Profile
Regular user
Corvallis, OR
157 Posts

Profile of Andrew Morse
I'm actually from Eugene. Do you attend the lectures or go to the Mysticians? Now that I'm in Corvallis I don't go to the club meetings, but I still come to the lectures. Since it's winter break, I will be at the meeting this month.

Thank you, DWRackley, for the encouragement. I like that quote too.

Andrew
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
It's been several years since I last attended one of the meetings. My day job requires me to get up at 2 a.m., so most of the time I'm in bed by 7 or so. I was able to make it to Fielding West's lecture a few months back. I see Stan Kramien is going to try to have his Jamboree in the spring and if it does happen, I'll be there.
Bob.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
552 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Hi Andrew,

I recommend going to Kramien's Magic Jamboree. It's on April 30 - May 1. He's got a great line-up this year. It's a small convention, and a very friendly one. It is held in Newberg, Oregon, just southwest of Portland.

-Mark
Seattle